Hello.
    After long searches of a network code for T-Mobile mep2 uk (09292-006)
    I managed to enter the correct unlock code for this network
    and now i can`t use the phone i can`t call, send messages,
    I managed to remove IT policy, with crackutil,i flash-it...
    I read on several forums, may phone (IMEI) is blocked with the help of this site I learned that the phone (AMTA - Check the Status of your Handset ) is not blocked,
    any solution ?
    blackberry model 9780
    Last edited by djangel27; 05-16-11 at 02:36 AM.
    05-16-11 02:15 AM
    ok so let me get this straight since you use some seriously messy grammar/syntax....

the phone is fully unlocked? (goto options > advanced > SIM Card > type MEPD > everything should say "disabled" after it.)

the IMEI isnt blacklisted right?

so the phone is originally from T-Mobile UK, what network are you trying to use it on??
    05-16-11 02:24 AM
    the phone is fully unlocked : all disabled
    IMEI is NOT blacklisted : check on ATMA web site
    yes is t-mobile uk , i`m try to use : o2 , orange , vodafone , giffgaff, 3 .. t-mobile ..thei don`t work ..all of them
    05-16-11 02:33 AM
    well i dont know the network frequency specifics, but are you sure the phone will work properly on the networks you listed?

are you sure the AMTA website is giving you accurate info? the phone may not be reported stolen or be on the websites database even though it is blacklisted. not to mention, the AMTA website looks like it only covers IMEI's across Australian networks, not worldwide. if you are in the UK or Europe, theres a good chance it wont reflect the true status of the IMEI on your UK branded phone.

call the carrier to confirm its blacklist status. if the phone isnt blacklisted and is fully unlocked, it definitely will be able to make calls and SMS at the very least. your phone sure sounds blacklisted to me.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-16-11 at 02:58 AM.
    05-16-11 02:55 AM
    the problem I have with this 9780, I have with each other as 8900. 9700, Turch, which I buy them from amazon.co.uk ..
    recognize the SIM card, than show full signal and edge, or if t-mobile SIM inserted shows me full 3G signal but can not make any call or send a message...
    i will try to go in a t-mobile shop maibe thei can tell me if is blacklisted or not ..
    05-16-11 03:09 AM
    did you buy the 9780 used??
    05-16-11 03:20 AM
    yes , is brand now , and i pay 200 (
    05-16-11 03:28 AM
    ok well call your carrier and see if they can help you.
    djangel27 likes this.
    05-16-11 03:56 AM
    just call T-Mobile and say you want to buy this used phone to use it with T-Mobile, Ask about it's IMEI if it's a stolen phone or something....

if this blackberry is really unlocked and NOT blacklisted you should be able to text and make calls.
    05-16-11 04:34 PM
    the phone is fully unlocked : all disabled
    IMEI is NOT blacklisted : check on ATMA web site
    yes is t-mobile uk , i`m try to use : o2 , orange , vodafone , giffgaff, 3 .. t-mobile ..thei don`t work ..all of them
    i'm going to go out on a limb here.. do you have sim cards / accounts with all these carriers...

although your device is unlocked, you still need an active sim card, and an account with one of these carriers to use the device...

I sincerely hope you were not under the impression that an "unlocked" device gives you free service...

Which carrier do you have an active account with / sim card, that you are trying to use with this device...

also, goto Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> SIM Card. Type in 'MEPD" (without the quotations). once that reveals the expanded SIM menu, tell us what is on the screen...
    05-16-11 04:58 PM
    I'm also going through same thing YET only one Vodafone SIM can work correctly. And the other Vodafone SIM don't work too, and the T-Mobile sim works, other sims don't work. Yet everything in MEPP is disabled.
    02-02-12 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD