Long story short. I had a crack screen on my Q10 for several months. I ended up bumping into a wall kind of hard at work which gave it a more severe crack destroying my phone. So as of now I'm using my Nokia E6 and I see how BB10 is so much better than Symbian of course. I've also ordered a Microsoft Lumia 650 to try it. I never sim card activated it but I do like it so far so good, but not sure if I'm ready to move on. I think BB10 is also a better OS just a bit as well. I tried using my wife's Sony Xperia back up phone and I just can't get into Android and no iOS for me either.

So I ordered a new Q10 assembly LCD screen and I'm also waiting on my keyboard as well since my to letters 'D' and 'H' don't really work anymore. I hope the iFix it people can repair it for me. If not I'll just watch youtube videos and follow them along with the tools they give me. But I miss my Q10 so much I'm gaining a more appreciation of it each day. It's that ol saying "you never know what you got til its gone" my Q10 it just gets the job done. I shake my head everyday at Blackberry for the simple fact that they got rid of a very unique underrated OS in BB10. But it is what it is, I'll check out my Lumia 650 if I can't get my Q10 resurrected. But man oh man this is a great phone. I can see myself using it for anothe 3 years and I'll also keep my eye on the Sailfish OS hopefully it evolves because I'm very interested into that OS.
    mushroom_daddy and YesAndNo like this.
    09-08-18 12:36 PM
    I can relate to this. I just replaced the screen on my wife's white Q10. I've also done a handful of replacements on my black Q10 to the point where it's a type of frankenphone now but it keeps on ticking.

Best of luck with the repairs on ole reliable! There are great videos on Youtube that walk through full teardowns. If you go that route, they're easy repairs that just require time, so just take your time and breathe.
    09-08-18 01:10 PM
    Long story short. I had a crack screen on my Q10 for several months. I ended up bumping into a wall kind of hard at work which gave it a more severe crack destroying my phone. So as of now I'm using my Nokia E6 and I see how BB10 is so much better than Symbian of course. I've also ordered a Microsoft Lumia 650 to try it. I never sim card activated it but I do like it so far so good, but not sure if I'm ready to move on. I think BB10 is also a better OS just a bit as well. I tried using my wife's Sony Xperia back up phone and I just can't get into Android and no iOS for me either.

So I ordered a new Q10 assembly LCD screen and I'm also waiting on my keyboard as well since my to letters 'D' and 'H' don't really work anymore. I hope the iFix it people can repair it for me. If not I'll just watch youtube videos and follow them along with the tools they give me. But I miss my Q10 so much I'm gaining a more appreciation of it each day. It's that ol saying "you never know what you got til its gone" my Q10 it just gets the job done. I shake my head everyday at Blackberry for the simple fact that they got rid of a very unique underrated OS in BB10. But it is what it is, I'll check out my Lumia 650 if I can't get my Q10 resurrected. But man oh man this is a great phone. I can see myself using it for anothe 3 years and I'll also keep my eye on the Sailfish OS hopefully it evolves because I'm very interested into that OS.
    The 650 is a nice phone, simple to use, my main problem with it is in bright daylight it becomes nearly impossible to see, typing on it becomes a major problem, but other than that I think you will have no problem with it, but simply for the keyboard I would prefer the Q10
    09-08-18 03:03 PM
    The 650 is a nice phone, simple to use, my main problem with it is in bright daylight it becomes nearly impossible to see, typing on it becomes a major problem, but other than that I think you will have no problem with it, but simply for the keyboard I would prefer the Q10
    Thanks for the info I'll definitely use it as a upgrade backup. But I do appreciate my Q10 more than ever for its size and reliability. It just gets the job done.
    09-09-18 02:15 AM
    It's a great little phone and one occasionally I, ll pop my work sim into and use, along with the Q5 I think (at least for me) it has the best keyboard I've used, but give your 650 a go as well you will enjoy it.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-09-18 02:20 AM
    Reading this thread has got me nostalgic about my Q10. Upgraded to the Classic in 2015 after the keyboard was completely shot (severe double typing) and then to the keyone in 2017.

But at one point a few years ago I bought a replacement Q10 keyboard for $5 and replaced the keyboard. Wasn't too difficult at all.

Today I finally pulled the ol' Q10 out, did a software update to 10.3.3 via sachesi, and put my SIM in and connected my email accounts. Have been using it all day and wow what a treat. Considering dumping my Key1 and using the Q for a while.
    gebco and elfabio80 like this.
    09-10-18 11:20 PM
    Yes it's a great little phone and gets the job done without any fuss.... Might have to dig my one out and pop my sim back into it.
    09-11-18 12:25 AM
    Few modern phones are as easy to repair as a Q10.

I've replaced the frame, keyboard, screen, and camera on a Q10 before without any problems.

I'm ready to move on to a KEY2 LE when it's released in the US, but the Q10 will probably always be my favorite smartphone of all time.
    09-11-18 07:42 AM
    Great to see alot of you guys still holding on to your q10s it really is great phone. I'm still waiting on my shipment should be getting it this week. I will keep y'all posted and updated. I'm starting to think the q10 might be my goat smartphone
    09-11-18 12:31 PM

BB10 is the best Os!
    09-11-18 04:25 PM
    Thread Update

Got my screen and keyboard replaced!!! Couldn't be even more happier!! Miss my Q10 so much this phone is basically new again. Will use it for the next 3 years.
    09-25-18 10:59 PM
    Thread Update

Got my screen and keyboard replaced!!! Couldn't be even more happier!! Miss my Q10 so much this phone is basically new again. Will use it for the next 3 years.
    lol lets first see if 01/01/2020 doesn’t render all BBOS/BB10 devices unusable. After that, lets see how fast the 2013 processor in the Q10 is, and the ever decreasing battery life, as even brand new batteries have been sitting in shelves since 2013 or so.

There will be a time when you will have to move on, and currently the KEYone/KEY2/KEY2 LE are absolutely the best options if you want to avoid the horrible experience of typing on cold stale glass.
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    09-26-18 03:20 PM
    lol lets first see if 01/01/2020 doesn’t render all BBOS/BB10 devices unusable. After that, lets see how fast the 2013 processor in the Q10 is, and the ever decreasing battery life, as even brand new batteries have been sitting in shelves since 2013 or so.

There will be a time when you will have to move on, and currently the KEYone/KEY2/KEY2 LE are absolutely the best options if you want to avoid the horrible experience of typing on cold stale glass.
    I agree you're right. But the only problem with the KEYone and 2 is that those phones are so big....I'm not a fan of gigantic phones cause it I don't like the way they fit into my pocket. Plus I don't like Android. I hope in the next 3 years Sailfish OS or another alternative OS that is not iOS or Android I can try out.
    10-11-18 11:02 AM
    My old Z10 is kinda falling apart but I found my dads old Q10 that has not been used for a while since multiple keys were not working properly anymore on the keyboard. But seeing the current prices I decided to have the keyboard replaced in the service and I will use the Q10 for the forseeble future until the price of key2 is reasonable. It is a wonderful phone with amazing form factor that just fits in the hand, I just wished blackberry (TCL) made a phone of that size (max classsic size) running on android.
    10-13-18 04:34 AM
    The letter O has stopped working on mine it feels lie its been forced down, are the keyboards easy to replace?
    10-13-18 04:39 AM
    you can order new keyboard piece on ebay and replace it yourself following youtube video if you are technically skilled. If you are not very confident around machines and you do not wanna screw anything up then have it replaced in a shop, I paid 35euros for the whole job which seems reasonable to me.
    10-13-18 05:29 AM
    The letter O has stopped working on mine it feels lie its been forced down, are the keyboards easy to replace?
    Very easy.... and I am not a talented guy on these things. I replaced two Keyboards myself. You can find some tutorials on youtube. Give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-18 10:45 AM
    I enjoy my Passport SE like a champ. I had the Q10 in 2013 when it came out. Damn, how time flies by.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-18 01:22 PM
    Just for fun I just picked up a Q10 for $50.

Better keyboard than the Key2...fits comfortably in my pocket...and hey it plays FLAC audio and streams APTX HD to my headset. Only pain was losing my BBID so I had to make a new one to get BBM back, but lost all my apps. That was a nasty trick BlackBerry pulled there, Lol.

It really puts things into perspective to realize this thing is 5 years old and still beats anything TCL has managed to come up with so far. And that black theme calendar on BB10...ha ha

Posted via CB10
    10-20-18 04:36 PM
    Just for fun I just picked up a Q10 for $50.

Better keyboard than the Key2...fits comfortably in my pocket...and hey it plays FLAC audio and streams APTX HD to my headset. Only pain was losing my BBID so I had to make a new one to get BBM back, but lost all my apps. That was a nasty trick BlackBerry pulled there, Lol.

It really puts things into perspective to realize this thing is 5 years old and still beats anything TCL has managed to come up with so far. And that black theme calendar on BB10...ha ha

Posted via CB10
    Open up the web browser and try to do whatever on that.

Try to work with pdf files.

Try to edit larger Word document.

Try to use it very intensively during the whole day without recharging.

I always loved my Q10 too but you're certainly not fair.
    10-20-18 05:15 PM
    Open up the web browser and try to do whatever on that.

Try to work with pdf files.

Try to edit larger Word document.

Try to use it very intensively during the whole day without recharging.

I always loved my Q10 too but you're certainly not fair.
    Ha ha, who's not being fair? Lol. All the things you pointed out are things ANY (much newer, and supported) phone could do better. What has me astounded is that going back to a five year old phone...the basics such as the Hub and typing experience still can't be bested by the latest and greatest BlackBerry Android. And features I thought were improvements...such as APTX audio were on the Q10 five years ago. And wow, I actually have an NIAP certified device and can encrypt my device AND my SD card.

Anyway, the Q10 may not be able to everything I need it to (opens PDF's and edits docs fine from what I can tell, BTW) but it certainly punches well above its weight for $50...and still a pleasure to use and carry around or have on tap as a backup.

And oh yeah..Q10 camera is definitely terrible in low light. Some things never change...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-18 06:21 PM
    Ha ha, who's not being fair? Lol. All the things you pointed out are things ANY (much newer, and supported) phone could do better. What has me astounded is that going back to a five year old phone...the basics such as the Hub and typing experience still can't be bested by the latest and greatest BlackBerry Android. And features I thought were improvements...such as APTX audio were on the Q10 five years ago. And wow, I actually have an NIAP certified device and can encrypt my device AND my SD card.

Anyway, the Q10 may not be able to everything I need it to (opens PDF's and edits docs fine from what I can tell, BTW) but it certainly punches well above its weight for $50...and still a pleasure to use and carry around or have on tap as a backup.

And oh yeah..Q10 camera is definitely terrible in low light. Some things never change...

Posted via CB10
    ^This!

As badly as BlackBerry missed the market with BB10, their product teams also designed and delivered exceptional devices for traditional BlackBerry work back in 2013. The Z10 and Q10 were the purest expression of BB10, for better and worse. They were designed in tandem with the new OS, and it shows.
    10-20-18 07:26 PM
    ^This!

As badly as BlackBerry missed the market with BB10, their product teams also designed and delivered exceptional devices for traditional BlackBerry work back in 2013. The Z10 and Q10 were the purest expression of BB10, for better and worse. They were designed in tandem with the new OS, and it shows.
    As we can see when we look at Apple, it's not always the objectively better product that wins, but the one that's best marketed
    10-21-18 05:20 AM
    As we can see when we look at Apple, it's not always the objectively better product that wins, but the one that's best marketed
    Apple got many, many things right in recognizing that consumers were the "real" market for smart phones and in designing a smart phone experience for that market. BlackBerry always saw enterprise IT as their market and didn't believe that Apple could displace them. They designed BB10 as an Enterprise phone would "good enough" consumer features, and it didn't work.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-21-18 07:29 AM
    I think after my update from the Q10 to the Classic - that was the best choice. but now from classic to keyone... oh God damn. haha the Keyboard is a joke.
    10-21-18 07:34 AM
40 12