I am an avid 9000 Bold BB user but I am just sick and tired of the all around crappy service RIM has provided for us end users.

What I am fed up of:

I am tired of removing and putting back the battery to remedy several issues and wait for that long *** reboot.

I am tired of Google/Facebook sync screwing up my calendar.

I am tired of outdated RIM apps like Windows Live, Facebook, Flickr...

I am tired of Media sync screwing up music.

I am tired of installing 5000 OS upgrades with insignificant or no changes and sometimes make matters worse than good.

I am tired of OS upgrades screwing up my apps, and losing my log-in info or saved data.

I am tired of crappy app world application that can't seem to remember what apps I have download.

I am also tired of waiting for good apps to be written for BB.

I am tired of seeing 10 000 different kinds of blackberries all offering pretty much the same experience with the same problems.

I am tired of paying more for blackberry data services.

I am tired of BIS outages and push sometimes being slow.

Lastly, I am tired of RIM public relations and how unready they are for the non-business world.

Sorry, but when my contract expires next year, I am switching to Android. It's amazing to see that the most powerful BB is not even the quarter of the performance of the most powerful Android yet both are priced the same.

Things I might miss about my BB.

Push: The only thing I will be missing is the Push technology which in a year will be free and standard to almost every smartphone. Hotmail and Gmail already provide some type of Push so the advantage of a BB is no longer significant.

Security: I love how secure my BB is, that's the only real tangible advantage... but I am pretty sure there are many apps for Android that can somewhat help it to make a bit more secure.

That's it folks, I'm out!
    05-18-10 11:21 AM
    These threads really serve no purpose.
    05-18-10 12:09 PM
    there are some very valid points here, you must about to go to bed in a few minutes with all the stuff your tired of lol
    05-18-10 12:13 PM
    Sounds like you nee a little more media friendly device. BB is built around data security and that will always be it primary feature. Try out one of the droids.
    05-18-10 12:30 PM
    Of course they do, don't you know that RIM is sitting around reading these types of responses so they can better please the ungrateful.
    05-18-10 12:34 PM
    Of course they do, don't you know that RIM is sitting around reading these types of responses so they can better please the ungrateful.
    These threads are about as purposeful as the ones that start out by saying "I just love my blackberry so much that I want to have sex with it!"
    05-18-10 12:44 PM
    Wouldn't want to expose RIM's faults. If that happened, pepole might actually realize how far behind RIM is.
    05-18-10 01:06 PM
    Wouldn't want to expose RIM's faults. If that happened, pepole might actually realize how far behind RIM is.
    LOL! I think RIM is the only one that doesn't realize it. OP, try an Incredible and you'll be very happy.
    05-18-10 01:10 PM
    Buy a few extra charging cords for your office, home and car. You're gonna need em.
    05-18-10 01:13 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that you're so unhappy with your Bold, good luck with Android...
    I am an avid 9000 Bold BB user but I am just sick and tired of the all around crappy service RIM has provided for us end users.

What I am fed up of:

I am tired of removing and putting back the battery to remedy several issues and wait for that long *** reboot.
    This isn't something that JUST happens to BlackBerries, all devices are going to need to be reset sometimes to remedy issues, be glad you're not on Windows Mobile.

I am tired of Google/Facebook sync screwing up my calendar.
    Disable the sync features on both of these services and you won't have that problem.

I am tired of outdated RIM apps like Windows Live, Facebook, Flickr...
    By outdated to you mean that they've been out for a while? I haven't seen anything on any other platform that makes me jealous.

I am tired of Media sync screwing up music.
    So don't use media sync, copy and paste your music files in the music folder.

I am tired of installing 5000 OS upgrades with insignificant or no changes and sometimes make matters worse than good.
    So stick with the OS that works best for you. While you may find the changes insignificant, RIM is constantly updating their OS builds to make them more solid.

I am tired of OS upgrades screwing up my apps, and losing my log-in info or saved data.
    It would be nice for all the log in info to be stored on the media card or something so you don't have to re-log into them

I am tired of crappy app world application that can't seem to remember what apps I have download.
    I agree with this also, I like App World, it would be nice for it to remember what I've downloaded.

I am also tired of waiting for good apps to be written for BB.
    I've got a bunch of good apps on my BB, what ones are you waiting for?

I am tired of seeing 10 000 different kinds of blackberries all offering pretty much the same experience with the same problems.
    What are the same problems? Sure, there are different form factors, and yes they all run the same UI, but I don't see what the problem is with that, means you can jump from one Berry to a different one and you won't have to become acclimated to a new UI.

I am tired of paying more for blackberry data services.
    Last time I checked the $30 BIS plan was the same price as the iPhone data plan, the Android data plan, and the Windows Mobile data plan, so what are you paying more for?

I am tired of BIS outages and push sometimes being slow.
    I don't like the BIS outages either, but they don't happen very often, and when they do they're usually resolved in a few hours.

Lastly, I am tired of RIM public relations and how unready they are for the non-business world.
    It seems to me that RIM has been doing a fine job catering to the consumer market with their developer conferences, WES, etc. They seem pretty ready to me.

Sorry, but when my contract expires next year, I am switching to Android. It's amazing to see that the most powerful BB is not even the quarter of the performance of the most powerful Android yet both are priced the same.

Things I might miss about my BB.

Push: The only thing I will be missing is the Push technology which in a year will be free and standard to almost every smartphone. Hotmail and Gmail already provide some type of Push so the advantage of a BB is no longer significant.

Security: I love how secure my BB is, that's the only real tangible advantage... but I am pretty sure there are many apps for Android that can somewhat help it to make a bit more secure.

That's it folks, I'm out!
    You're going to find that the security of the Android platform is nowhere close to the BlackBerry, and there isn't going to be an app that will make it more secure.

I hope that you enjoy the Android platform, it does have some advantages over the BlackBerry platform, but it's not perfect, and from my experience with Android I found it to be a little boring. It's nice for games, and for web browsing, but everything else left me wanting more. At the end of the day, it's all about what you want, so I wish you the best of luck.
    05-18-10 01:19 PM
    LOL! I think RIM is the only one that doesn't realize it. OP, try an Incredible and you'll be very happy.
    If I am going to get an android, I'm going to wait for the Galaxy S from Samsung. I'll see if OS 6.0 on the new 9800 will fix some of my grudges before I make my final decision, besides I have a year to decide.
    05-18-10 02:09 PM
    If I am going to get an android, I'm going to wait for the Galaxy S from Samsung. I'll see if OS 6.0 on the new 9800 will fix some of my grudges before I make my final decision, besides I have a year to decide.
    or get the Sprint EVO if your in a 4g coverage
    05-18-10 02:18 PM
    What are you guys talking about? Appworld does remember what you have downloaded, you just have to log in with your paypal details.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 02:19 PM
    That's why I converted to the dark side... I got a Motorola Droid last week and it's awesome!
    05-18-10 02:20 PM
    These threads are about as purposeful as the ones that start out by saying "I just love my blackberry so much that I want to have sex with it!"
    WHOA!!! its possible to have sex with out blackberries? will it still respect me in the morning?
    05-18-10 02:35 PM
    Buy a few extra charging cords for your office, home and car. You're gonna need em.
    You don't buy a Rolls Royce, and then complain about the gas mileage.
    05-18-10 03:16 PM
    hahahaha... good one.
    05-18-10 03:31 PM
    I'm tired of this Ferrari. The baby seat doesn't fit in the passenger seat properly. there's no room,It guzzles gas, etc. The only reason I bought it was because it is the in thing. I should have done the research first and bought a minivan in the first place. I know, I'm going to tell everyone on this Ferrari forum about the minivan that i'm going to get, i'm sure they want to hear all about that.
    05-18-10 03:33 PM
    I had loads of problems with my storm 1
    but i love everything about bb not my fault but nothing else breaks with me
    but everyone is different
    my windows live isnt that out of date really its the same as my pc one
    05-18-10 04:01 PM
    I'm in the same boat yet I'm pretty much stuck to a BB. My Bold compresses the data so well so I can use a third of what I would with an iPhone/Android. This keeps my data costs down quite a bit.

05-18-10 04:17 PM
    You know im sure blackberry's problems are tired of you complaining about them too.
    05-18-10 04:23 PM
    My BlackBerry is a secure and powerful communication tool. These are the "apps" I like to use: phone, email (with push feature), msn, aim, yim, gtalk, browser, sms, and mms. I also like to use Sprint Navigation and the calendar. I especially like Password Keeper (use it all the time) and the fact that my contacts and other data are backed up, password protected, encrypted, and otherwise secure. I also enjoy incredible battery life. Okay, Skype would be nice to have, but I understand that that's currently confined to another carrier. What other "apps" could I possibly want or need for my versatile communication tool? I'm certainly not looking for a toy ...

05-18-10 05:23 PM
    RIMS SO FAR BEHIND THE COMPETITION!!!

No they cater to a business market a market where they can not make dramatic changes to their OS or programs without alienating a giant base.
    05-18-10 05:26 PM
    A business market ... and intelligent consumers.

05-18-10 05:29 PM
    If the op is leaving because what he has doesnt fill his needs then leave and get what you think you want.

I left and got a Pre because I thought it was what I wanted, now Im back, I dont recall needing the attention from forum members when I left or when I came back.

There are hundreds of devices from multiple manufacturers for costumers to chose from, shop around to you get what best suites your own personal needs.

I simply do not understand why people need to validate their choices to complete strangers.
    05-18-10 05:37 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD