07-27-10 10:30 AM
42 12
tools
    My whole family has Iphones and i did to until mine froze up and crashed, havent found myself to jealous yet as the only thing different in useage on my end is a few games that i had downloaded..my BB still gets emails, sms, BBm,good video play back, interwebs......whats there to be jealous of? the Iphone is heavier, bigger,harder to type on,and has poor radio recpetion which was really annoying...sitting with friends i had maybe 1 bar of service and they were all 5-6 bars. Plus yes nobody is touching your phone now...let them mess up the wifes.

good post.

Plus your signature is hilarious
    07-26-10 08:09 PM
    Then get an iPhone. :0
    07-26-10 09:30 PM
    Buy whatever phone makes you happy
    07-26-10 10:01 PM
    The iphone is a toy... BB is a phone for grown folks.
    I've been saying the exact same thing! I had an iPhone and I Loved the Media (Music, Videos, etc.) Then one day it "decided" to stop connecting to any WiFi Signal. I took it to the Apple Store and they told me the Warranty had expired... all I could do was buy a new one. I said to **** with that and reluctantly bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 (Which I heard was the best Phone for a first time BB User) and switched to another Carrier. The iPhone is all Novelty and I thoroughly enjoyed it until it turned on Me. My BlackBerry has helped accomplice and organize files (Documents to go) and seems to be Smarter than I am sometimes! (smile) The Youtube Player App gives me full screen videos and I can go on and on. This is the Smartphone era and Phones are being mass Produced and dangling apps in People's faces. However, these Phones aren't always User Friendly and I've heard alot of complaints. The Blackberry is a Classic and very compatible with People who want to actually accomplice things. I was frustrated trying to figure out ZIP FILES and OTA and Syncing etc. But as I was figuring it all out I was fakking in Love. I already know my next phone is going to be a BlackBerry...I can't imagine using anything else and I know alot of BB users that feel the same way (All of them actually)
    07-26-10 11:14 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/i-th...92/index3.html

Maybe this will help you realize how ridiculous you sound..
    07-26-10 11:21 PM
    The iphone is a toy... BB is a phone for grown folks.
    Gimme a toy over a briefcase any day. I may need my briefcase, but I love my toys.
    07-26-10 11:29 PM
    I beg to differ, and I'll say this too, "chicks dig the iPhone."
    Also, don't forget, "chicks dig the iPhone."

A real man doesn't need a cell phone to get chicks.

OP, get the Droid X or EVO 4G as their large size will give you countless opportunities for your friends to ask, "Is that an Android phone in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" Issues with "shameless ego" and draws for attention averted.
    07-27-10 12:01 AM
    A real man doesn't need a cell phone to get chicks.
    How else are you gonna call them after you get their number?
    07-27-10 12:06 AM
    How else are you gonna call them after you get their number?
    You need to work on your reading comprehension a little.
    07-27-10 12:14 AM
    You need to work on your reading comprehension a little.
    And you need to work on your sense of humor a little. I mean really, did you think I was serious?
    07-27-10 12:17 AM
    And you need to work on your sense of humor a little. I mean really, did you think I was serious?
    Yes, because your "joke" was so lame that it looked like you misread my comment.
    07-27-10 12:26 AM
    I'm going to quote the OP when he said, "blah blah blah" because that is all this post is. Just another thread about how someone thinks BB should be more like an iPhone. Go to apple then, trust me know one is going to go off themselves if you do and I'm sure the community will stay strong without you. Stop stroking your ego thinking that you really make a difference and have influence over other people in the community. I'm just sick of seeing these posts every day. Maybe there needs to be a new section titled "B!tching/Ranting"
    07-27-10 12:33 AM
    Well as a 12 year BB veteran, this is the first time in 12 years I am second fiddle in my circle of friends.

My first BlackBerry was monochrome and wasn't even colour!! However I was always the one with the cool smartphone in my circle of friends. Over the years showing off my newest BB was always a topic of wonder and admiration in my circle of friends and a boost for my shameless ego

a month ago my wife upgraded her BB Tour and opted for the iPhone.
    I was skeptical at first but after a month I must admit my jealousy is growing.

Now it is her iPhone that now draws all the attention in our circle of friends.
    My kids used to grab my BB to play with games or fool around with the BB phone now they ignore me and go straight for my wife's iPhone. They want nothing to do with my BB anymore.

I have been relegated to second fiddle and it is not a nice feeling

Yes I know everyone will say don't worry OS 6 is coming and webkit browsing is coming blah blah but at best these features might (and I say might) even out the obvious disparities between the phones but I highly doubt it will leap frog the iPhone. Browsing with the iPhone is a mind boggling experience compared to the BB.

While I still remain loyal to the BB (at least for now) I am baffled that RIM appears unable to keep pace with iPhone (and Android seems to be coming up fast) considering they had a 10 year headstart....

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling like this?
    Your surely not the only person feeling this way. However you may get toasted here for saying things like this lol.
    07-27-10 05:03 AM
    Well Clearly if you want something the kids run to, the iPhone will WIN hands down, the iPod touch was built for them, and the iPhone was made to let adults play too!

the Blackberry is NOT, and probably never will be sexy,
    iPhone changed the game, and Android jumped into the new game ready, BB still likes the old game, and just are slow to join the new game,
    I thought the iPod touch was built for music lovers to consolidate their music on one device not for children.
    07-27-10 05:10 AM
    I thought the iPod touch was built for music lovers to consolidate their music on one device not for children.

I'm not going to get into the debate why the iPod/iPod Touch is NOT for music lovers...

BUT the Touch is most certainly not a music centric device, it was Apples foray into consumer media devices away from just the music market place.
    it very much was for entertainment and when I say kids, that market is the 18-25 range as "kids" they want something fun to play with, they wanted apps, they wanted games, the iPod touch came out during the popularity of the Nintendo DS, and the PSP, handheld gaming was a craze, and Apple came in with a player.

It was a great move on their part to bring that functionality to the smartphone market, so many people only need a phone to talk and txt on, but they like listening to music, watching movies, and playing games in their free time. the iPhone was the first device on the market that did all of that excellently,
    07-27-10 06:34 AM
    Oh ok well I didn't know 18-25 were considered kids now either, but hey to each his own but I get your point.
    07-27-10 08:50 AM
    I'm not going to get into the debate why the iPod/iPod Touch is NOT for music lovers...

BUT the Touch is most certainly not a music centric device, it was Apples foray into consumer media devices away from just the music market place.
    I would think the history of the iPod Touch would say that this statement is incorrect. The iPod Touch was introduced in the fall of '07. That basically meant that until the summer of '08, the iPod Touch was nothing more than a music/video device. It wasn't until the launch of the App Store in June of '08 that the iPod Touch could do anything else, and a couple months later, iPod 2G was introduced.

Basically, Apple lucked into the iPod Touch being a gaming device as developers began using the interface to create games and other stuff. The App Store was never an original intention by Apple to go with the iPhone and iPod Touch. The SDK was released a full year after the iPhone was launched and 18 months after it was introduced. It was only after they realized there was huge demand for 3rd party apps they broke down and created one. The original intent was to create a completely closed environment.

Additionally, none of the original ads for the iPod Touch mentioned anything remotely related to gaming, mostly emphasizing iTunes products, like TV show episodes.
    07-27-10 10:30 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD