I am using app loader to update my OS. I am on the next to the last step Wait for device installation (could take up to 30 min). It has been 30 mins now and I watched as the loading bar made it across the bb screen, I stepped out of the room and when I came back the screen was black and the led was off. The loading bar on the computer screen seems to be stuck at almost a quarter of the way across and the computer doesn't seem to being doing anything. This is the first time I have updated my 9700 and I am not very knowledgable about upgrading the OS. I am very worried and any advise would be helpful. Thank you so much!
    07-30-11 07:59 PM
    Just keep waiting. Just keep waiting. Just keep waiting waiting waiting, what do we do we wait. Wait. Wait.

Sing tothe just keep swimig song from Finding Nemo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 08:06 PM
    Thanks, I'll do that. I was just worried because the screen went black and no led indicator. I'll keep waiting then.
    07-30-11 08:08 PM
    Ok it has been over an hour. No signs of life from the bb or computer. Continue waiting or is it dead?
    07-30-11 08:36 PM
    If its dead you can just try to wipe and retry.

07-30-11 08:39 PM
    Should I wait longer or go ahead and unplug it? Since the loading bar made it all the way across the screen what happens if I do unplug it and do a battery pull? For the last step what device data does it need to reload? I feel so stupid because I don't know anything about all this.
    07-30-11 08:42 PM
    Does your computer say its done?

07-30-11 08:54 PM
    No it still shows it is waiting for device installization the next to the last step. The green bar is only a quarter of the way across. The last I saw the bb was the loading bar was completely across and the LED was a solid red. I left the room and the screen was black and LED off when I came back. Nothing since.
    07-30-11 08:57 PM
    2 hours now and nothing! Anyone have any suggestions?? I really don't know what to do now!
    07-30-11 09:19 PM
    Ok I really feel like such an *****! I went in and picked up my phone hit the space bar and it woke up! It seems app loader is stuck on the computer but OS loaded. Now the setup wizard is froze at the Setup Wizard page with the little clock coming up and going away. Is this normal?
    07-30-11 09:32 PM
    OMG what a pain. Finally got it working after several reboots and the phone freezing. Somehow the radio on stayed it pushed the service books and it all worked itself out and finally have the phone going right again.
    07-30-11 11:44 PM
    Good to hear you are up and running. Just the thought of upgrading to OS6 freaks me out. I'm sticking with my good old OS5.
    07-31-11 06:28 AM
    Thanks Mojave! It was stressful since I really didn't know what I was doing for sure. I didn't want to upgrade to OS6 so I was upgrading from OS5 .405 to .979. I am glad I did though.
    07-31-11 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD