Hi all!

First time posting just had to share my story. Walked into my verizon store 4 months ago looking to buy my first bb, a curve. The rep there said we would have to order it and it is not a good phone anyway. Long story short left the store with an htc incredible 2. The phone was okay but could not stand the lack of a real keyboard. Fast forward to cyber Monday. Picked up a playbook to give to myself for Christmas from my family (initially wanted a fire but after looking at the specks and looking at amazons cloud reader it was a no brainer). After doing additional research I knew i wanted a phone to bridge as well. Went on amazon bought a brand new 8530 for 80 bucks and as my daughter needed a new phone picked her up an 8330 for $50. Are you keeping track? That's 3 bb items in a house that previously had none. As the holiday approached I could not decide what to get my son. The playbook goes on sale again and there is his gift. I will be honest, he was not thrilled with it. He also got my htc. The count is now up to 4 bb items. Now this same son had a phone upgrade a week ago. We walked into the verizon store told the sales rep we did not need help and he tried out the new bold. A week later he is the proud owner of a brand new 9930 (ps that we purchased from amazon's beta wireless store for $99 instead of the 229 verizon wanted). He loves his playbook and is crazy over his phone can't wait to go back to school and show them off). For those keeping count that's 5. Now my daughter has seen us with our playbooks and hers has been shipped and should be arriving soon. That makes 6 bb devices in a house that has a mac, ipad, touches and two mac books. Can't wait for OS 2 and my upgrade in March. That's my story, thanks for listening and what are you doing to bail out rimm?

ps the htc incredible 2 is now just taking up space.
    scott.slater, JC.88, JR A and 8 others like this.
    01-10-12 01:20 PM
    i own 4 devices myself, have had up to 7 in my possession at once
    01-10-12 01:36 PM
    Welcome aboard, matey!
    01-10-12 01:44 PM
    Too cool. I can't get the two women in my house to give up their iPhones. But I get even by leaving up the toilet seat.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to CB.
    s7khan, Delil, SK122387 and 8 others like this.
    01-10-12 01:56 PM
    Nice story,

counting my older 85 curve, my moms older 8 series aswell as my current 9300 and my dads torch there is 5 in my house aswell because i have a playbook.
    Last edited by teeuwen; 01-10-12 at 02:02 PM.
    01-10-12 01:59 PM
    When I bought my bold9900 the rep laughed and said "get an iphone", true story.
    teeuwen likes this.
    01-10-12 02:27 PM
    When I bought my bold9900 the rep laughed and said "get an iphone", true story.
    I really don't get all of this love for the iPhone, it really isn't all that great or anything. And the phone looks pretty much the same since it came out, where is the innovation since 2007?
    01-10-12 03:49 PM
    I really don't get all of this love for the iPhone, it really isn't all that great or anything. And the phone looks pretty much the same since it came out, where is the innovation since 2007?
    The IPhone has become more than just a phone it is a fashion statement. People want to be seen using an Iphone, just look at all the cases for Iphones they all have a cut out that shows its an apple.
    01-10-12 05:14 PM
    Great story OP. The more the merrier
    01-10-12 05:25 PM
    the iphone has become more than just a phone it is a fashion statement. People want to be seen using an iphone, just look at all the cases for iphones they all have a cut out that shows its an apple.
    exactly !!!!
    01-10-12 05:29 PM
    Seems unfortunately that more than just Apple phones are style. I personally know a few people who have an abundance of different phones and just swap out SIM cards to match their outfit. It is crazy, but many people do it.

Me....I can't afford to even think about that. Lol!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 05:31 PM
    the people buy Iphones for the same reason they buy starbucks coffee...
    01-10-12 07:38 PM
    the people buy Iphones for the same reason they buy starbucks coffee...
    Starbucks coffee blows....and I'm a huge coffee drinker. Not a big iPhone fan either....not a hater, just not my preference.
    Lyls likes this.
    01-10-12 07:46 PM
    Starbucks coffee blows....and I'm a huge coffee drinker. Not a big iPhone fan either....not a hater, just not my preference.
    I don't totally agree, i buy starbucks coffee because of the type of coffee they offer. I usually get a venti white mocha. But to be honest i recently did try good earth coffee, and i think they have starbucks beat on many drinks, the one thing starbucks has though is convenience.
    01-10-12 07:56 PM
    Too cool. I can't get the two women in my house to give up their iPhones. But I get even by leaving up the toilet seat.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to CB.
    Hey thanks for idea! With a twist though. *runs to grab husband's IPhone and places it on the toilet seat* hehe Nuff said.
    Sawyerdoodle likes this.
    01-10-12 08:01 PM
    Nice story and welcome to the RIMpire.
    my 2 sisters have iphone4s and surprisingly one
    of them started using a prepaid BB 8530 as a second phone and I swear
    she hasn't put that phone down all week. the iphone sits
    on her purse. Hoping she stays happh with the BB
    JR A likes this.
    01-10-12 09:18 PM
    me too, I do the same thing for my wife and myself.
    01-10-12 09:34 PM
    Yay! My first BlackBerry was the 9800, in hot white (my fave color). I then bought the AWESOME PlayBook on launch date, then bought the BlackBerry Visor Mount Speakerphone (looks sleek) and finally upgraded my beloved Torchy for an awesome Bold buddy.

New BB Lover here.
    01-10-12 09:36 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I asked my daughter tonight if she wanted my htc and she said she would rather keep her 8330 until I get my upgrade. Then she will get my 8530 and will be able to bridge to her new playbook. Go figure.
    01-10-12 09:37 PM
    Hi all!

First time posting just had to share my story. Walked into my verizon store 4 months ago looking to buy my first bb, a curve. The rep there said we would have to order it and it is not a good phone anyway. Long story short left the store with an htc incredible 2. The phone was okay but could not stand the lack of a real keyboard. Fast forward to cyber Monday. Picked up a playbook to give to myself for Christmas from my family (initially wanted a fire but after looking at the specks and looking at amazons cloud reader it was a no brainer). After doing additional research I knew i wanted a phone to bridge as well. Went on amazon bought a brand new 8530 for 80 bucks and as my daughter needed a new phone picked her up an 8330 for $50. Are you keeping track? That's 3 bb items in a house that previously had none. As the holiday approached I could not decide what to get my son. The playbook goes on sale again and there is his gift. I will be honest, he was not thrilled with it. He also got my htc. The count is now up to 4 bb items. Now this same son had a phone upgrade a week ago. We walked into the verizon store told the sales rep we did not need help and he tried out the new bold. A week later he is the proud owner of a brand new 9930 (ps that we purchased from amazon's beta wireless store for $99 instead of the 229 verizon wanted). He loves his playbook and is crazy over his phone can't wait to go back to school and show them off). For those keeping count that's 5. Now my daughter has seen us with our playbooks and hers has been shipped and should be arriving soon. That makes 6 bb devices in a house that has a mac, ipad, touches and two mac books. Can't wait for OS 2 and my upgrade in March. That's my story, thanks for listening and what are you doing to bail out rimm?

ps the htc incredible 2 is now just taking up space.
    love your story.
    have been doing this for years. someone else "inherits" my previous models (most recently my pops with my 9700).

on a side note
    i got nothing against rim but had posts blasting the dual-core ceo's. i still firmly believe they need to be ousted from the dual-core ceo and dual-core chairman position.
    01-10-12 09:47 PM
    5 devices in my household. 3 BB's and 2 PB's. Potentially 6 if my oddball wife would jump on the BB train and get rid of her iphone!
    01-10-12 10:03 PM
    I could get up to seven if my oldest son would come over to the dark side. He has an incredible 2 and hates it. Seems my entire family prefers a qwerty keyboard. And imho bb has the best.
    01-10-12 10:09 PM
    Just a side note to my op. Amazon and Radio Shack are offering greats sales on blackberry phones if you have an upgrade or are starting a new plan. As I said, I only paid $99 on amazon's beta site compared to verizon $299. However, please read the fine print. On both sites you have to keep the phone on that line for 181 days or you pay them a penalty. I spoke to a verizon rep and he said they were great deals and he had just paid $199 for a phone amazon had for .01!!
    01-10-12 10:31 PM
    Opps verizon's price is 229 sorry verizon.
    01-10-12 10:32 PM
    My wife is a bb fan as well. She loves it, and uses it to type out 90% of her emails, and we use bbm constantly to keep in touch with each other. Her 8900, my 9800, and my Playbook. Gonna be upgrading both phones in the upcoming months.
    01-10-12 10:40 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD