Again, the OP has the 8330 and is on Sprint. The OP cannot use the 9700 nor the 9780 nor the 9800.
    08-01-10 08:50 PM
    Having had a Curve 8330 for 2 and a half years and LOVED every minute of it till I finally got my 9650... let me give you advice that others have already given you although you already seem to have jumped ship to iPhoney...

do what I did to be happy and still have memory:

SHRINK YOUR DANG OS- Take the crap out of it, every little piece of OS you don't need, ditch. That means games and VAD and and hundred extra things I can't recall right now. (I have a mansion now with my 9650 so...no need to houseclean!)

INSTALL ONLY ONE THEME- don't burden your phone with a million happy themes pick one smooth running one and use it. and if you want another, put it on and delete the other. simple. You have no choice. You have no ram.

DO A BATT PULL 3X A DAY WHEN YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH-enuf said. Keeps you germ free. keeps your curve germ free too.

DO NOT INSTALL BLACKBERRY APP WORLD- needs no explanation

These things should help.
    Good Luck
    08-01-10 09:20 PM
    Why in the world would you pull your battery 3x a day on a 9650? That is ridiculous!

I pull mine once a week if that...I also have plenty of memory...

Also if he wants an iPhone, let him venture out and try it....is a slick device, just the fan base is what's gives Apple a bad name....wait, maybe Steve Jobs and his cult like leadership is it....but, is a nice phone as long as you hold the phone right or get a case or both....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 09:53 PM
    Wow! If you are referring to my previous post, please take a reading comprehension course in summer school. I said for HIS curve 8330 not MY 9650. It's what I did when I had an 8330, its my advice to him now! Hello? There's no reason for me to pull the batt on the 9650 till I replace it with a new one. LOL
    Also did I say he could not get an iphone? Wow brother! Do what you want. Was only offering some advice. Hey glad you got all the answers here!
    Sheesh!
    Why in the world would you pull your battery 3x a day on a 9650? That is ridiculous!

Also if he wants an iPhone, let him venture out and try it....is a slick device, just the fan base is what's gives Apple a bad name....wait, maybe Steve Jobs and his cult like leadership is it....but, is a nice phone as long as you hold the phone right or get a case or both....

08-01-10 10:05 PM

I believe jaydee was referring to pulling the battery on the 8330.
    08-01-10 10:06 PM
    Pick up a Bold 9650 and call it a day. It has a faster processor as well
    as 5.3 time the memory of the 8330. That will reduce your battery pulls and reset
    dramatically. For a CDMA BlackBerry, there is nothing on the market that beats it.
    +1
    And you'll be ready for OS6
    08-01-10 11:31 PM
    I got invited to try the new AppWorld 2 through the Blackberry Beta site but I am still waiting for the code to try it out. I signed up last Thursday.
    You're gonna be waiting quite a long time then, because it doesn't need a keycode.
    08-02-10 06:16 AM
    You're gonna be waiting quite a long time then, because it doesn't need a keycode.
    Thanks for the tip. Why would they make this the only Beta app that does not need a keycode? RIM makes no sense at times.
    08-02-10 08:41 AM
    Honestly, what are you complaining about, how old is that phone? Why don't you just get a job or save some money and get a newer curve, they aren't even that expensive. Or get a bold 9000 they are like $180 now.

. True that

08-02-10 09:03 AM
    What would really help would be knowing some things:

1) What OS is installed on the 8330?
    2) How much free memory is available right after a battery pull?
    3) What apps are installed?
    4) Has anything been removed from the OS install (via ShrinkaOS) to help with memory?
    5) How much free memory is there before pulling the battery (when errors are occurring)?

Maybe too many apps are installed. Maybe memory is really low. Maybe it is the OS version. Maybe it is a specific app that is causing problems. Without knowing the above information, it is really hard to help find a solution.
    08-02-10 09:14 AM
    The OP has stated that he has wiped the device and it still exhibits failure after a short period of normal operation. That effectively removes memory constraints as the cause.

This is most likely a battery issue. Cheap and simple to fix, replace the battery.

If that still does not correct the problem, the next likely culprit is the power supply logic. That will require replacing the device.
    08-02-10 10:01 AM
    I would check your memory, or look into a new phone. Its just that easy. If your not happy with something fix it, dont just sit around complaining about it.
    08-02-10 10:04 AM
    Wow never thought this thing was going to get 3 pages deep. I think I am going to first replace the battery with a brand new one and see if that cures the problem. If not then I will explore all other options on new phones. I am not going to lie getting rid of my 8330 won't be easy. I just love the feel of it. But all good things come to an end and it becomes time to upgrade. That's the bad thing with technology, its always advancing faster than you can keep up. Thanks guys for all the discussion and help.
    08-02-10 05:43 PM
    Ok one more question. Are there any certain types of batteries or battery manufacturers that better than others or are batteries just basically the same across the board? Never really thought about it until just now.
    08-02-10 06:12 PM
    Ok one more question. Are there any certain types of batteries or battery manufacturers that better than others or are batteries just basically the same across the board? Never really thought about it until just now.

Sent you a PM
    08-02-10 06:22 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD