Sorry, goes to invalid link.

- R.
    12-26-12 08:14 PM
    This thread may help with part of your request about synching Outlook as it mentions tasks will easily sync:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-10-a-759475/
    Administrator : Goes to invalid link

- R.
    12-26-12 08:20 PM
    BB10 Slider model

A hugely improved Docs To Go

DLNA

Improved music app

BB Travel
    BB Traffic
    BB Protect
    12-26-12 08:27 PM
    It seems as if BlackBerry Scoop was more of a BlackBerry DUPE.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 08:42 PM
    I'm not calling you out or anything scoop, but the cynic in me can't shake the gut feeling that come Jan 30th you're going to go "ha ha ha I can't believe you all fell for this!"
    But just on the off chance you ARE legit, I have 2 things:
    1. Either have a tablet of some kind ready with bb10 at launch day, OR, an announcement that we will have one by no later than March 1. If you don't, you're going to be the only player in the game who doesn't have both a phone and tablet available on the store shelves running the most current OS.

2. My biggest source of hesitation is not that there won't be enough apps at launch, but whether RIM will be able to keep those developers interested enough to continue keep updating those apps instead of just throwing their app on app world and then abandoning it. Along with that, I hope RIM'S developer relations team continues to woo new devs after bb10 goes live.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-26-12 08:51 PM
    @BlackBerryscoop now saying on twitter Skype won't be on BB10 ... Is this guy legit? If not, RIM should say something. He is speaking like he works for RIM.
    Last edited by md03wx; 12-26-12 at 09:19 PM.
    12-26-12 09:04 PM
    When my phone rings, I currently get a nice popup on my Playbook with caller ID and an option to turn the ringer off. I would like:

1) an additional button to answer the phone on the PB, using it as a speakerphone
    2) the ability to dial from the PB over bridge to the phone
    3) bridge to utilize wifi as well as BT when available
    12-26-12 09:05 PM
    Something I haven't seen mentioned yet: decent software image stabilization for camera when shooting video.
    12-26-12 09:06 PM
    If he's saying things like this that are perceived as negative, he doesn't work anywhere near RIM.
    12-26-12 09:06 PM
    I'm skeptical as well but the one suggestion I'm surprised no one has mentioned would be a REAL face detect. Take advantage of the BB10/PlayBook front facing camera and use it to use facial recognition to unlock the phone. Lenovo does this with their ThinkPad laptops with much less than a 2MP camera so it should be possible. Swipe up to slowly disclose the unlock app which shows your face in a box... You centre your face by aligning it with the template of your face by moving the camera up/down/left/right/in/out and when it gets a match your phone unlocks. The cool factor alone will sell a lot of devices.

If RIM can partition off a portion of the device for "Work" mode, they should be able to do it for kid/spouse mode as well. That would have restricted functionality and access to only the apps you allow. Facial detection would automatically recognize the child/spouse and put the phone in the appropriate mode automatically.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-26-12 09:14 PM
    Make the new physical qwerty keyboard touch-sensitive, transparent and backlit with a high-res screen displaying the letters/numbers/symbols behind the physical buttons and put the predictive text suggestions on touch sensitive frets allowing the 'flick' motion just like the all-touch model.
    Last edited by MaxR_A; 12-26-12 at 10:33 PM.
    12-26-12 09:29 PM
    I myself doubt Skype will be on Z10 but it matters not to me, not a Skype fan. Like I said before this guy/gal does not work for RIM, I'm guessing perhaps knows somebody or company that works for/with RIM in some capacity and gets some tidbits here and there. I just read back a ton of the tweets and this person can not or will not answer key questions, is that "in the know" or lack of info, I have no idea, don't really care, was more interested in the way feedback was going. So much for that now, on one thread at least, lots of other threads though.
    @BlackBerryscoop now saying on twitter Skype won't be on BB10 ... Is this guy legit? If not, RIM should say something. He is speaking like he works for RIM.
    12-26-12 09:35 PM
    I'm skeptical as well but the one suggestion I'm surprised no one has mentioned would be a REAL face detect. Take advantage of the BB10/PlayBook front facing camera and use it to use facial recognition to unlock the phone. Lenovo does this with their ThinkPad laptops with much less than a 2MP camera so it should be possible. Swipe up to slowly disclose the unlock app which shows your face in a box... You centre your face by aligning it with the template of your face by moving the camera up/down/left/right/in/out and when it gets a match your phone unlocks. The cool factor alone will sell a lot of devices.

If RIM can partition off a portion of the device for "Work" mode, they should be able to do it for kid/spouse mode as well. That would have restricted functionality and access to only the apps you allow. Facial detection would automatically recognize the child/spouse and put the phone in the appropriate mode automatically.
    android has has this for quite awhile now, this feature does not sell phones. it might add to the overall "image" of the phone though
    12-26-12 09:46 PM
    Well this is directly going against another what another user on the forums, QuIcKsIlV3r, has repeatedly said. A direct quote from him:

"for the millionth time... Skype will be there... my friend who is a network engineer at RIM has said Skype is going to be there launch day..."

Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

So, someone is wrong here. Personally, I'm going to go with QuIcKsIlV3r, a member with 1500+ posts and a user CrackBerryKevin has added as a friend on these forums versus a user with six posts and absolutely no credibility.
    12-26-12 09:58 PM
    Their exact post was:
    "Hey #teamblackberry, don't be disappointed if Skype may not be available for BB10 at launch, many other alternatives will exist."

The part "may not be available at launch" makes me feel a little better. It gives me hope that its coming. But, I don't think its good news. I think Skype is one of those apps that has to be there at launch. If not, its going to be far to easy for RIMs critics to dismiss BB10.

I hope ad19 is correct with what he stated above me.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    12-26-12 10:01 PM
    Although I'm not a Skype fan myself but do understand there are many fans of Skype ..... what is in reality a "alternative/s" app in it's place?
    12-26-12 10:15 PM
    @BlackberryScoop

I think given the amount of attention you draw here that it would be fair to ask you to at least authenticate your Crackberry forum identity with your twitter account. You could accomplish this quite easily by composing a post in this thread, and pasting the exact same thing on your twitter feed, yes?

This won't prove whether or not your leaks are legit, but it will show the community here you're not just some prankster impersonating the twitter account. I think that would be a fair gesture of good faith, wouldn't you all agree?
    el_excelsior, Toodeurep and Jince like this.
    12-26-12 10:19 PM
    Good idea but does that validate any/all info? Got to love the drama though, all part of the building BB10 wave coming. What if Kevin banned him/her,if so can there be an UNban for a post?
    @BlackberryScoop

I think given the amount of attention you draw here that it would be fair to ask you to at least authenticate your Crackberry forum identity with your twitter account. You could accomplish this quite easily by composing a post in this thread, and pasting the exact same thing on your twitter feed, yes?

This won't prove whether or not your leaks are legit, but it will show the community here you're not just some prankster impersonating the twitter account. I think that would be a fair gesture of good faith, wouldn't you all agree?
    12-26-12 10:24 PM
    Moved to General Discussion, as this hardly qualifies as news or rumor.

As posted above, CrackBerry is chock full of threads with members conjuring up their BB10 wish list. The light is just being shed upon final hardware specs for the X10. What software surprises RIM has in store, almost all of us can only guess at now. We'll better be able to offer insight, once we have 10 in hand.

I know RIM utilizes our site. Thor and Alex come immediately to mind. They've asked us to believe, they've asked us to keep dreaming and share them. We do and we will.

Actually, there is zero time left for hardware changes, you cannot submit non-final hardware to carrier labs and that has already happened.

Realistically speaking, even software changes will be strictly limited by this point in the development cycle at any sensible company with the focus clearly going to be on fixing issues found by the carriers in that first round of testing along with tweaks that do not have too widespread an impact where they would have more chance of generating unexpected bugs.

I can only assume from this post that you are getting bored of compiling rumours from other sites and making some others up and would now like this site to do the work for you instead.
    Well said!
    Toodeurep and 00stryder like this.
    12-26-12 10:29 PM
    Time to lock the thread? The op is nowhere to be seen.
    12-26-12 10:41 PM
    Good idea but does that validate any/all info?
    Reread 1st sentence of 2nd paragraph of my post
    12-26-12 10:42 PM
    Here it is...

1) Perfect the Android Emulator so you offer the best 'secure' Android experience (leveraging 'Balance')
    2) You are not trying to be a content player, so I want to see awesome content partnerships...let the content players get the $ - make sure you have content exclusive to BB
    3) 1+1=3. Use BBM and other Apps to connect applications and make them more valuable then when they are on their own. Just continue to do this. I should love BBM more than FB or Instagram
    4) Get into the payments business
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-26-12 10:46 PM
    My apologies, was skimming, 9 windows open, gotta love Playbook!
    Reread 1st sentence of 2nd paragraph of my post
    omniusovermind and Toodeurep like this.
    12-26-12 10:47 PM
    Secure Android? Like mixing apples and steel.
    Payment business = BBM Money, CIBC, NFC/Rogers/Telus .......
    Don't get me started on Instagram,lol.
    Here it is...

1) Perfect the Android Emulator so you offer the best 'secure' Android experience (leveraging 'Balance')
    2) You are not trying to be a content player, so I want to see awesome content partnerships...let the content players get the $ - make sure you have content exclusive to BB
    3) 1+1=3. Use BBM and other Apps to connect applications and make them more valuable then when they are on their own. Just continue to do this. I should love BBM more than FB or Instagram
    4) Get into the payments business
    12-26-12 10:53 PM
    @BlackberryScoop

+1
    I have a feeling could be a prankster or performing some undercover corporate espionage with another company... It's just too ambiguous
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-26-12 11:12 PM
212 ... 34567 ...