Hello all,

Just wanted to say i'm back with my Curve after switching to the iphone for a week. Here's the story. My wife and I were on Verizon and we were switching to ATT for several reasons (not going to get into that here), so we thought, why not try the iphone out and see what the hype is all about. And it was the best time to do so. So we sold our berries (my curve and her pearl) and got two iphones. Well after a little over a week, I took mine back and I got me another Curve. The iphone is an awesome device, but it just wasn't for me. The touch keypad wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but the phone just wasn't doing it for me. I got great 3g coverage, but to me it didn't live up to the hype. I am happy to be back with my Curve and patiently waiting for the Bold!
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 08-23-08 at 08:37 PM.
    08-23-08 08:28 PM
    Welcome Back!
    08-23-08 08:30 PM
    Yes, Welcome back! Nice to see you picked the Berrys over the iPhone!
    08-23-08 08:32 PM
    Indeed, welcome back to the land of CB.
    08-23-08 08:35 PM
    Yes, Welcome back! Nice to see you picked the Berrys over the iPhone!
    I always picked the berry over the iphone . I just had to try it out so I can see what the big deal is and that was the best time to do it because it was no financial risk for me. So it just proved it to me that the Blackberry is the device for me! Sometimes you may have to go on a date with someone else just to see if the one you're with is really the one LOL.
    08-23-08 08:37 PM
    welcome back!!!
    08-23-08 08:37 PM
    ya hooked on this shiz man!
    08-23-08 08:44 PM
    Welcome back!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 08:51 PM
    Welcome back! I have tried friends Iphones and can say it is definitely not for me either!

08-23-08 08:53 PM
    Welcome back, I still have my iPhone sitting on my desk collecting dust
    08-23-08 08:55 PM
    welcome back
    08-23-08 09:37 PM
    Well did your wife keep hers or switch back.

08-23-08 09:46 PM
    I don't see what all the hype is either. That thing doesn't appeal to me at all.
    08-23-08 09:53 PM
    Welcome back! Is your wife staying with the iphone?
    08-23-08 11:57 PM
    I can see how people do not like the device, but saying you 'don't understand' the hype is a seriously ******** statement.

The iPod is the hottest selling mp3 player ever. Take that, almost if not the best web browser on a cell phone, a bunch of nifty little apps, and you have the iPhone. The thing was marketed and hyped up like crazy, and for a good reason. To dislike it is fine, but to disregard the overall appeal of the phone is not a very smart statement.
    08-24-08 12:08 AM
    I had the original iPhone when it first came out, kept it all of 2 weeks and sold it to a guy I work with for more than I bought it for
    08-24-08 01:00 AM
    Welcome back!

08-24-08 01:10 AM
    Welcome Back

08-24-08 01:26 AM
    Can you elaborate a little on why you didn't like the iPhone? I'm just curious. Thanks.

08-24-08 05:30 AM
    Welcome back! I'm also curious why you didn't like the iphone

08-24-08 10:23 AM
    [I]Welcome back!!! [I]

08-24-08 10:29 AM
    Well did your wife keep hers or switch back.

She kept the iPhone
    08-24-08 11:54 AM
    Can you elaborate a little on why you didn't like the iPhone? I'm just curious. Thanks.

It's not that I didn't like the iPhone, I just like the Curve more. Some of things that I was missing on my Curve was:

MMS
    Video Camera
    physical QWERTY keyboard
    Push email
    strong battery life

The things I like on the iPhone:

Web browser
    ipod

Though I knew all of these features was missing on the iPhone, I wanted to see if there were other things on the device that compensated and made me forget its insufficiencies. Even though its a great device and its looks very cool, the negatives outweighed the positives for me. And I wasn't going to pay another 99 bucks a year for push email (mobileme). To some, that's not a big deal, but combining that with all the other things I missed, it just wasn't worth it. So while it is a good device, it just isn't for me. Maybe a lot of the issue will be address with software updates or a new version coming out next year. But for now, the berry is for. So I will be gladly picking up a Bold as soon as it comes out!
    08-24-08 12:05 PM
    I guess you are welcome back... lol

Glad you made a good decision
    08-24-08 12:21 PM
    Welcome back to Crackberry and the addiction!
    08-24-08 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD