Is there any way possible to recover a deleted video? I have the Blackberry Storm 9530.

I took a very important video for work, and went to rename it so I could email the video to my boss, but I guess somewhere along the renaming and saving, it got deleted!

Im sure all my videos and photos are saved to my memory card, so Im hoping there is a way to dig into its memory and pull it out.

Can someone please tell me if this is possible?!
    02-08-10 04:31 PM
    If you don't think that it's actually deleted then it has to be in there somewhere.
    "Show hidden" while the media folder is open too.

But if it's deleted, it's deleted. Nothing you can do.
    02-08-10 04:37 PM
    i guess its gone, cuz i searched everywhere

Ah thats sucky...
    02-08-10 04:45 PM
    Usually that part of the SD card is only "marked" as deleted. Hopefully something else has not written over that part of the memory card yet. Give this a try:

CardRecovery Download - Photo Recovery from Memory Card
    02-08-10 04:54 PM
    The other issue could be that you accidently removed the EXTENSION part of the name and it won't show up as a video??? Have you tried plugging into the computer with MassStorage mode on and looking at all of your files? You can see if something has the created/modified date that matches when the video was taken.

And as mentioned, there are utilities that can search a card and recover data.

Good luck
    02-09-10 08:42 AM
    Go into Media folder and hit Menu/Explore. Use that to navigate to your videos folder and find it. You either stripped the extention off the filename when you renamed it or the index files that the media player uses to see files haven't been updated yet (some early Storm OSs have this bug until you do a battery pull).
    02-09-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD