Oh my goodness! It actually happened! Not that I was questioning the veracity of the OP...never!

Didn't happen to me, but my boss came to me yesterday and asked about getting an iPhone. He is about 65. Only uses his phone for talk, text and email and has a BlackBerry slider - don't know the model. I was curious why he wanted an iPhone as a good keyboard is important to him and he has always said the iPhone screen was too small. His answer? A bunch of guys he hangs out with all have iPhone and they've been bugging him about his BlackBerry.

I was just dumbfounded. I said - so you'd get a phone you don't even think you'll really like just because your friends have one? Wow. Just wow.

I told him to try out one of the coworkers iPhone's and if he seemed to like it then to get it and test drive it for a week. I've even found him a great deal on a 5s. But I'm still shaking my head inside.

Posted via CB10
    That's ok, I took my veracity pills and all was well within a couple of days but I completed the course as prescribed.

Weird, isn't it?
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    12-21-13 05:53 PM
    Whoa, someone's jaded - what's wrong with wanting a sense of community?
    There's nothing at all wrong with a sense of community. Unless I misunderstand, that's the whole point of something like Crackberry.com. My issue is when that community is not enough for some. When a person feels the need to reach out further and cry, "look at me", because that's what threads like this, and all the "Why so much hate" threads, are really all about. I'm afraid I simply cannot accept that a right-minded individual would honestly write a "question" like this into the Crackberry forums. It's like going into a restaurant and asking the waitress if the food is good, or walking into a Ford dealership and asking if one is "crazy" for liking Ford. I'm just not buying it. So I have to wonder, if the motivation isn't really about getting an answer to the question, then what is it? Again, all I can come up with is an attempt to garner some attention. I think it's unfortunate that OP feels that he has to do this. I think it's equally unfortunate that so many are quick to feed this need. I certainly wouldn't seek to censor OP; but by the same token, I'll freely express my opinion on the subject.

But I think part of what "set me off" was the OP's thread title. We all have our personal idiosyncrasies and issues...I've aleady suggested what I see on the part of OP (with whom I have no real issue). One of my annoyances, which likely bothers me more that it should, is people who start threads with titles that hint nothing at the content of the thread itself. You know the ones..."Quick question", or "Help..." or "What do you think". OP chose "Huge Question Guys". But it really wasn't a huge question, was it? If I'm correct with what I've said above, it wasn't really a question at all, "Huge" or otherwise.

And really, even if OP was naive enough to be honestly asking that question on Crackberry (which again, I doubt, because I'm willing to give him more credit than that), wouldn't the answer be "use whatever phone makes you happy, because the one that works for you is the right one"? And if that's the case, then why not jump all over him for posting simply another thread asking the same question which has been asked and answered a thousand times in these forums.
    So "jaded"...no, not really. But I'm also not in the business of providing others with the validation they are seeking, for some reason, on the internet.
    Maybe a waste of YOUR bandwidth! I can dig that.
    But, the question is WHO really needs the counseling because here YOU are wasting bandwidth!

WOW! We really clobbered that guy!
    Maybe we could pool together and give him some bandwidth back!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......
    That's odd...y'know, I really don't feel clobbered. But if that makes you feel good, then please enjoy. It's funny, you know, because I believe I'm essentially saying the same thing as you did only a few posts later...only I didn't sugar-coat.

Oh,and to be clear, the "bandwidth" wasn't really a concern. This thread is more a waste of time than bandwidth.
    12-22-13 12:42 PM
    Send me a British fruitcake and I'll gladly surrender

Posted via CB10
    Another brit here haha the north east is the place to be!

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000 likes this.
    12-22-13 03:21 PM
    Yes, I am British, but please don't feel that you need to let me off the hook just because I'm mildly deranged because of it.
    Base on my limited encounter with the Brits in this forum, yeah you guys are a bit off the rocker in an endearing way. Pay no attention to those bitter melons though. Especially around this time of the year. The help lines lit up faster and brighter than the Xmas trees. There are those who thrives in negative environment. Without it they can't breath. Just don't let them penetrate your aura of goodwill.
    12-22-13 04:52 PM
    Huge answer Dave…YES !!!!
    12-22-13 04:55 PM
    Oh my goodness! It actually happened! Not that I was questioning the veracity of the OP...never!

Didn't happen to me, but my boss came to me yesterday and asked about getting an iPhone. He is about 65. Only uses his phone for talk, text and email and has a BlackBerry slider - don't know the model. I was curious why he wanted an iPhone as a good keyboard is important to him and he has always said the iPhone screen was too small. His answer? A bunch of guys he hangs out with all have iPhone and they've been bugging him about his BlackBerry.

I was just dumbfounded. I said - so you'd get a phone you don't even think you'll really like just because your friends have one? Wow. Just wow.

I told him to try out one of the coworkers iPhone's and if he seemed to like it then to get it and test drive it for a week. I've even found him a great deal on a 5s. But I'm still shaking my head inside.

Posted via CB10
    Peer pressure is not limited to teens. Especially, in USA.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:03 PM

That's odd...y'know, I really don't feel clobbered. But if that makes you feel good, then please enjoy. It's funny, you know, because I believe I'm essentially saying the same thing as you did only a few posts later...only I didn't sugar-coat.

Oh,and to be clear, the "bandwidth" wasn't really a concern. This thread is more a waste of time than bandwidth.
    It wasn't MY intention to Clobber you. And, the Bandwidth was used as a metaphor!! The response from your post obviously insulted many people here.
    We deal with thousands of folks here every day and we all want to be heard with our opinions..
    When we're trying to keep these conversations peaceful, coming in here with a macho attitude just isn't nice.
    You can say your piece just as easily without the FU attitude.

And, you bet! I candy coat as much as I can (in most cases) and the end result is almost always positive.
    Just a suggestion.....
    If you were to add "In My Opinion," to "This thread is more a waste of time than bandwidth," your views, would no doubt be read with respect
    rather than just writing you off as a waste of time yourself.

I'll leave you to the last word as I have no wish to carry this pointless discussion any further. After all, I was the first to agree that I was also a fool!

And my apologies to the posters for this detour!
    12-22-13 05:15 PM
    I have been using Berries for the past 10 years. I have never, ever had anyone ever say a word to me about my device. That?s why I find it hard to believe when people post their negative experiences with this. In fact, I always take the opportunity to turn the table any opportunity I get. "What? You using an iPhone? How do you type on that girly phone?" or " LOL android? Hope you're enjoying all that malware and data mining software? "

Usually throws them right off. LOL they turn beat red and don't know where to put themselves....haha

Posted via CB10
    You can't believe it happens yet you do it to other people? Proof that it does happen. How funny is that?

It goes to show just how uneducated people are about phones because people are turning "beat" red (I suppose that's somewhat like beet red) yet there are a million come-backs to your claim of the iPhone being girly or malware on Android that would turn you beet red.
    12-22-13 05:31 PM
    There's nothing at all wrong with a sense of community. Unless I misunderstand, that's the whole point of something like Crackberry.com. My issue is when that community is not enough for some. When a person feels the need to reach out further and cry, "look at me", because that's what threads like this, and all the "Why so much hate" threads, are really all about. I'm afraid I simply cannot accept that a right-minded individual would honestly write a "question" like this into the Crackberry forums. It's like going into a restaurant and asking the waitress if the food is good, or walking into a Ford dealership and asking if one is "crazy" for liking Ford. I'm just not buying it. So I have to wonder, if the motivation isn't really about getting an answer to the question, then what is it? Again, all I can come up with is an attempt to garner some attention. I think it's unfortunate that OP feels that he has to do this. I think it's equally unfortunate that so many are quick to feed this need. I certainly wouldn't seek to censor OP; but by the same token, I'll freely express my opinion on the subject.

But I think part of what "set me off" was the OP's thread title. We all have our personal idiosyncrasies and issues...I've aleady suggested what I see on the part of OP (with whom I have no real issue). One of my annoyances, which likely bothers me more that it should, is people who start threads with titles that hint nothing at the content of the thread itself. You know the ones..."Quick question", or "Help..." or "What do you think". OP chose "Huge Question Guys". But it really wasn't a huge question, was it? If I'm correct with what I've said above, it wasn't really a question at all, "Huge" or otherwise.

And really, even if OP was naive enough to be honestly asking that question on Crackberry (which again, I doubt, because I'm willing to give him more credit than that), wouldn't the answer be "use whatever phone makes you happy, because the one that works for you is the right one"? And if that's the case, then why not jump all over him for posting simply another thread asking the same question which has been asked and answered a thousand times in these forums.
    So "jaded"...no, not really. But I'm also not in the business of providing others with the validation they are seeking, for some reason, on the internet.

Look at me!

There.

Better now?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-22-13 05:37 PM
    Another brit here haha the north east is the place to be!

Posted via CB10
    Top man Paul hinny!
    12-22-13 05:38 PM
    I stopped caring what others think of my choices somewhere around 17.

Maybe I was precocious.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    Around the same age I became a RUSH fan. I guess I'm a sucker for the uncool.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:58 PM
    Around the same age I became a RUSH fan. I guess I'm a sucker for the uncool.

Posted via CB10
    What's "uncool" about Rush?

This question is for BSR. Only!!

No one else is allowed to answer!
    If this turns into a "Rush" thread I'm going back to using the editor!

BTW: Thanks for the "Flash Sites!" AWESOME!!
    12-22-13 07:33 PM
    Seriously... where do y'all find people who question your phone choices?
    Crackberry?
    :>)
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-22-13 08:38 PM
    Crackberry?
    :>)
    LOL.

The last person who questioned my phone use was my daughter, who preferred my last phone because there were games on it.
    12-23-13 04:42 AM
    Who thinks I'm an fool...
    Oh there's so many things I could say, & ways I could make fun of you!....alas the mods would think I was being serious & would ban me from CB for "personal attacks"

SO, I will have to make fun you directly via BBM

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 04:57 AM
    Is it any different than calling someone a sheep for using an iphone? It's still thrown out in here constantly that people who use iPhones only use them to play games, etc. Is that any different than looking at someone with a Blackberry and saying "Oh they are in the dark ages."

I get what you are saying OP but it seems we want it both ways. We want to call iPhone users sheep but don't dare want anyone to say anything bad about us blackberry users because that just isn't fair.
    BlackBerry Guy and bp3dots like this.
    12-23-13 06:51 AM
    This thread is a waste of bandwidth. OP...you've seriously posted on CB forums asking for opinions on whether your are correct in supporting BlackBerry. C'mon. This isn't a real question; it's a blatant attempt to find some sense of community. This is not a "huge" question.

I recommend counselling; you won't find what you're looking for on the internet.
    "Forum" the virtual table at Timmys. Everyone sits around enjoying their favorite beverage, chatting up a storm.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    12-23-13 09:24 AM
    It's "a fool". Not "an fool".

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-23-13 09:28 AM
68 123