Alright so after much internal debate, I decided to get a Blackberry Bold 9700, the black one.

So I've been looking through these forums esp this thread: what-does-your-blackberry-screen-look-like

Now my question is HOW do I do that?

How do I customize and everything?

Do I just download the theme from the App World?

Please answer!
    06-19-10 05:50 PM
    There are a few ways to achieve this. First you need to find a theme that you like, there are tons of them here. Check out our 9700 themes section to find one that you like. (http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/) After you found one (keep in mind not all of them are free) you will need to get it to the device. If there is an OTA link posted in the thread, right click it, copy the link then compose an email from your computer to one of the email addresses on your device and send the link. CLick the link in the email and download once it arrives on your device, and then once it has finished downloading it will ask if you wish to activate it. Select yes, then give it some time to change over (30 seconds). Once this is done you can move the icons around to an order that you like (highlight the icon, press menu then move and move it to the new location then press enter or click the trackpad.)

Hope this helps!
    06-19-10 06:20 PM
    Start by using your phone in default configuration for a few days to get to know how it works. Then start building on it and customize slowly, one step at a time.

You will find loads of themes and wallpapers to download in our theme forums, the CrackBerry store, App World... almost everywhere you look. First thing to remember is that a theme is just a veneer over the top, and there are good ones and bad ones. Just like cars, some themes look good and perform well, some have either looks or performance, and some have neither. Judge carefully against the benchmark of "factory configuration" and don't get ripped off. My advice is to start with some of the free themes and demos shared by other members before you spend money for something you may find doesn't suit your needs when you try it.
    06-19-10 06:23 PM
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH BOTH OF YOU! =]

Helps a lot!!!
    06-19-10 06:25 PM
    Quick question again...where does the theme download to?

And what if I want another theme? How do I delete the old one?
    06-19-10 06:27 PM
    Themes will automatically download to a specific section. To access them go to options then scroll down to theme.

Honestly, with a BlackBerry 9700 you won't need to delete one to install one. You can have many themes on the device at a time. If you notice lag or low memory (down the line) they can be deleted the same way that any other program on the device is deleted. (options - applications - hightlight the one you wish to delete - menu then delete)
    06-19-10 06:30 PM
    Within reason (and the limits of available storage) you can have as many themes as you want installed on the device, and simply switch between them as your mood changes.

To expand on my previous comment about one step at a time - I'm thinking to avoid conflicts, and if a problem does appear you know what to change back, rather than having dozens of possible suspects. There is nothing worse than breaking your new toy by installing 10 themes and gadgets during coffee break, then the rest of the day to find out which one is sulking.
    06-19-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD