06-10-13 11:33 AM
31 12
tools
    Especially since this market is always shown in presentations of the future..... and BlackBerry is there working for it NOW!

I have been speaking with several it service providers and most of them are very positive of BlackBerry. Most of them are happy to have them back as a valuable solution.

The tablet market is not really worth mentioning.... Windows 8 is taking over with Hybrids and BlackBerry will be the connecting part between business and pleasure by taking the car and providing you with the possibility to use the built in displays in the car for work when you are constantly travelling... You will have you laptop tucked away in your bag and quickly go over some data points with your phone while you make a call to a colleague.

More and more clients are looking for exactly what BlackBerry is all about with mobile computing.

So gar they chose ultra portable PCs with docking stations and many different screens to plug in....

Give it a few more years and the only device will be a phone. Amoled screens tuning flexible and transforming every surface into a display.

When they grab hold of the car market, they will be able to provide the de-facto standard for mobile computing and mobility devices.....

Just imagine asking your car dealer about the built in CPU In your car to be able to work more efficiently.

With Hugh speed Internet connections everywhere, it will not be important anymore how powerful your device is... It will be just like Boinc with the Seti@home project...

Do others see it the same or am I completely off?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:07 AM
    Very good stuff! Up next....home automation? I still want to turn off the lights using my Z10
    06-10-13 11:13 AM
    Makes me wonder why there is no focus on the QNX car revenue in the bb earnings report. This has gotta be making them some money

I think in the future there needs to be more integration between QNX and the mainstream bb folks

Good news though

Posted via CB10
    The quieter they do this the better.

As long as the automotive industry has visibility, this is all that matters.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:17 AM
    Warlack,

I think you are mostly correct. Bbry needs to monopolize the automotive market with a top notch solution. Doing so will create a moat around it. The notion of taking bridge cross platform makes some sense. What is key though is that however a phone attaches to the infotainment center, it be cross platform.

Actually, HTML 5 solves that. Connect to the car via bluetooth and connect to the cars Web site. You can easily get the website info via NFC.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:24 AM
    Very good stuff! Up next....home automation? I still want to turn off the lights using my Z10
    Already on IPhone and android.... very soon on Bb10 as well (=

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:30 AM
    Kfh227,

This in turn provides a quantum leap when you can connect with any phone and device. I was hoping that Windows would take that market when Win7 was around the corner with windows phone 7....

As history shows, there is just one way to success: Proper execution...

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:33 AM
31 12