It's for enterprise users only, not consumer users
    According to whom? BBM Meetings and BBM Protected can already be bought by regular consumers, without a BES subscription, even though they are technically aimed at enterprise users - and both of those products are part of the "Communications Suite" that was mentioned in this announcement. There's very little reason to believe that the Hub (part of the Productivity Suite) will not be available to regular users without BES - though the details of how much it'll cost are up in the air.
    03-01-15 02:28 PM
    BlackBerry is quiet, but the suite setup: BlackBerry outlines its cross-platform strategy with BlackBerry Experience Suite | CrackBerry.com

BBM Protected, SecuSUITE, Secure Work Spaces and other BES-dependent things are there, so it should hold up the same for the Productivity suite.
    once someone crack BBkeyboard.apk and hub.apk it will be for free and all effort is priceless , hub wil be part of launcher on android ... they will crack it
    03-01-15 02:31 PM
    According to whom? BBM Meetings and BBM Protected can already be bought by regular consumers, without a BES subscription, even though they are technically aimed at enterprise users - and both of those products are part of the "Communications Suite" that was mentioned in this announcement. There's very little reason to believe that the Hub (part of the Productivity Suite) will not be available to regular users without BES - though the details of how much it'll cost are up in the air.
    Ummm... you can get BBM Protected without BES? You sure of that?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:32 PM
    Ummm... you can get BBM Protected without BES? You sure of that?

Posted via CB10
    I was a little surprised myself, but yes. Apparently only for iOS and Android, though: https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SPA-60299-001

Secure mobile messaging: BBM Protected allows employees to take advantage of the speed, reliability and privacy of BBM for faster communication, collaboration and decision making while providing security conscious organizations enhanced enterprise grade security over corporate data. BBM Protected is available on iOS, Android, BB10 and BBOS. BBM Protected on iOS and Android does not require BES.
    garrett1972 likes this.
    03-01-15 02:33 PM
    It's for enterprise users only, not consumer users
    Chen always said that what they are doing for the enterprise will also be available to consumer if they want it
    03-01-15 02:34 PM
    'In line with our software and services vision, the BlackBerry Experience Suite is a major company-wide initiative. It extends BlackBerry�s successful cross-platform strategy of complementing the company�s innovative and ultra-secure hardware with software solutions � think BlackBerry Hub, aka the solution to �Messaging�s Mission Impossible,� or the enterprise-secure mobile-first collaboration of BBM Protected � that meet the changing needs of enterprises and mobile professionals, as well as device makers serving those markets."
    03-01-15 02:35 PM
    once someone crack BBkeyboard.apk and hub.apk it will be for free and all effort is priceless , hub wil be part of launcher on android ... they will crack it
    BlackBerry's legal divison (the only functioning divison they have, anyway) won't have that.
    03-01-15 02:35 PM
    I was a little surprised myself, but yes. Apparently only for iOS and Android, though: https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SPA-60299-001
    pricing seems to be expensive....
    03-01-15 02:37 PM
    Yes! This is almost like John Chen's neutrality idea, except that all platforms can now have BlackBerry software to take or leave.
    Ealaionta likes this.
    03-01-15 02:38 PM
    pricing seems to be expensive....
    It is, indeed - my personal guess is that the Security Suite (which includes BES12) and the Communications Suite (which includes BBM Protected and BBM Meetings) will be more expensive than the Productivity Suite, which is what includes the Hub and other software bits and pieces from BB10. But we'll have to wait and see what BlackBerry has in mind with regards to pricing.
    03-01-15 02:40 PM
    according to the video Doc2go being incorporated somewhere......Anyway it doesn't work S****t
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-01-15 02:44 PM
    Well, MWC isn't going my way so far.
    03-01-15 02:47 PM
    Rather than waste there time with this why don't they just open up BB10 OS so I can have the whole thing on my Sony Xperia Z2. The specs on that phone are amazing but I hate Android OS. I don't like hardware specs on BlackBerry's phones but I love BB 10 OS.
    Right why not!!
    I thought Sony is leaving the smart phone business????
    03-01-15 02:51 PM
    For the company, the cross-platform strategy makes sense.

I think this has the potential to kill off any reasonable future market for all touch BB devices. I hope the niche devices (Passport, Classic) can survive it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    alan510 likes this.
    03-01-15 02:53 PM
    Right why not!!
    I thought Sony is leaving the smart phone business????
    Whether they will or won't I don't really know, I know they are out of laptops and spun off the TV division(how the mighty have fallen AMIRIGHT?) but they seem to be putting a lot of effort into phones and tablets.

My point though was more about making it possible to download BB10 OS onto any phone. Whether its Sony, LG, HTC or even Samsung as those phones have the hardware that I really like(HTC and Sony in particular).
    Alain_A likes this.
    03-01-15 02:55 PM
    For the company, the cross-platform strategy makes sense.

I think this has the potential to kill off any reasonable future market for all touch BB devices. I hope the niche devices (Passport, Classic) can survive it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I don't know and I will not be waiting.....So I'll be selling the Classic
    03-01-15 02:55 PM
    Unless someone makes an Android device with a QWERTY keyboard and with the same build and quality and with such long lasting batteries, I won't abandon ship so easily.

Apart from that, Android and iOS still have a long way to go in terms of security and stability. The only aspect where they excel and clearly outsmart BlackBerry is the infotainment part of the mobile experience.

Bringing enterprise/productivity software from BlackBerry to iOS/Android? Why not. But to abandon the hardware division of BlackBerry? I certainly hope not.
    03-01-15 03:06 PM
    This can't happen can blackberry sue apple
    03-01-15 03:06 PM
    Thread title tweaked for better exposure.
    03-01-15 03:07 PM
    This can't happen can blackberry sue apple
    lol why??
    LazyEvul, Witmen, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    03-01-15 03:11 PM
    "This is just a very natural evolution of taking our OS, the surfaces and security layers around it and putting it on others' devices, so that our serviceable market is not only 'BlackBerry' devices, but all devices," "I intend to continue to build a hardware business" he said. "But there will be a lot of focus on the software business too."
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ceo...dware-business
    Umaima_B_Dia and garrett1972 like this.
    03-01-15 03:14 PM
    Chen always said that what they are doing for the enterprise will also be available to consumer if they want it
    No I am not sure Chen will bring it to the consumer. It's all about money now for the company, all about money what John Chen want. Use hub on other platforms? Buy it, not free. This is what i'm thinking for this news
    03-01-15 03:25 PM
    Just goes to show that the consumer market is dead.... long live Enterprise for BB,,,,,
    03-01-15 03:28 PM
    To me this kind of says that BB is done making handsets. Why would anyone even mess with getting a Blackberry if they can have the best feature of BB10 on their current smartphone.
    "I intend to continue to build a hardware business". - CEO of BlackBerry John Chen
    03-01-15 03:31 PM
    "I intend to continue to build a hardware business". - CEO of BlackBerry John Chen
    And I'm sure that's a true statement from Chen.

What he didn't say is if he intends his hardware business to build BB10-based handsets, or Android handsets. The latter conclusion fits very well with his "bringing the best bits of BB10 to Android" statement.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    03-01-15 03:39 PM
334 1234 ...