Saw the Neptune Hub presentation a while back and it really stuck in my brain.

These presentations are widely available on YouTube or by typing "get neptune" into your browser. Also can be searched as the "Neptune Suite".

Essentially, Neptune's proposition is that the hub is all that matters and it should be small and portable (and fit on your wrist). Meanwhile, peripherals (like screens) can be "dumb" and just project the hub. What is interesting about this idea is that is strips things down to the most basic level.

To a degree, BlackBerry has started down this road with Blend and the ability to project through HDMI. You can bring the BlackBerry user experience with you to other devices.

I know there is a lot of love out there for the BlackBerry Hub and OS. When you think about what a hub is, it is basically a conglomeration of your digital stuff managed within an user interface.

The question is, does Neptune have it right?Let me know your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 06:09 PM
    True, Hub is differentiating factor from rest of OS. We need just Google service to be made available on BB 10 to use popular apps.

Z30 10.3.2.2639 thru CB10
    anon(8908445) and bakron1 like this.
    08-28-15 07:06 PM
    The KEYBOARD is all that matters!
    08-28-15 07:11 PM
    The hub, the smooth transition between apps via swipe, the touch or physical keyboard, the great battery life, the fantastic file manager, Calendar ( yes it's great on 10.3.2)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-28-15 07:13 PM
    The hub, the smooth transition between apps via swipe, the touch or physical keyboard, the great battery life, the fantastic file manager, Calendar ( yes it's great on 10.3.2)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Not having to deal with so many viruses is, also, quite nice.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-29-15 02:40 AM
    Yeah! The hub is awesome but BlackBerry is lot more than the hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 05:05 AM
    I like the concept of the Neptune, but I also believe it's utility is being limited by the display peripheral communication only being unilateral and just working as a slave device.

The "Dump" smartphone size display device only receives data.

Data input from a smartphone size device is universally used and mobile data entry would be entered faster ( via virtual keyboard) , more private and efficient than just speaking into your wrist device or headphone. It wouldn't have to be too smart, just smart enough.

But the headphones do add data entry speed possibilities . So he's definitely on the something that others underestimated or overlooked .

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 05:19 AM
    Yeah! The hub is awesome but BlackBerry is lot more than the hub.

Posted via CB10
    In fact BlackBerry10 is all that matters.

It encompasses all that we need due to the ability to run Android apps. There's no app gas apart for the ones that need Google Services.

So, BlackBerry 10 only need those but it would not be in any way a best seller because all's lost without a true communication and marketing.

BlackBerry has HUB from years now, and few knows it.

So to say. What BlackBerry 10 need?

Marketing is all that matter.

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    08-29-15 05:34 AM