Guys, don't want to open a useless thread but could not find enough information on it (even on internet). I read some posts where some people were talking about once HTML 5 kicks in full force, the App ecosystems may loose their grip and market will slowly become App IIndependent and its them when there will be chance for Mobile OS like Sailfish, BB10 to grow as Android and iOS dominance may fade away.

How much is that possible?
    05-02-16 07:27 PM
    You'll find people disagree on this. I've seen companies go to HTML5 and then come back to proper native apps. Where I work we have both, and the data overwhelmingly supports real apps, and that is where most of our investment now goes again.

HTML5 (or the parts that you can actually use as a developer today) offer us a very small subset of what you can do with the native SDK on Android, or iOS, or even BB10 for that matter.
    You'll find people disagree on this. I've seen companies go to HTML5 and then come back to proper native apps. Where I work we have both, and the data overwhelmingly supports real apps, and that is where most of our investment now goes again.

HTML5 (or the parts that you can actually use as a developer today) offer us a very small subset of what you can do with the native SDK on Android, or iOS, or even BB10 for that matter.
    05-02-16 07:35 PM
    Thanks App_developer. I guess it will take time for HTML 5 to grow and evolve. Till then its Apps and world will be iOS and Android only.
    05-02-16 08:48 PM
    By the time HTML5 apps are worth considering, BB10 will be in a museum.
    05-02-16 10:08 PM