HTC one X+ is going to have 1.7 quad-core processor, and at 2,100 mAH battery with 1gb ram. Of course to have all these awesome specs the device has to be huge. Its got a 4.7in screen. I don't know if I would want to be walking around with a phone that huge but these specs are awesome. I feel if RIM doesn't compete with these kind of specs people will say they are always behind and may not give it a chance. I know many people that will buy a phone for its hardware and not even know what it even means. They'll say "its got a quad-core with 1gb ram" then you ask them what that means and they will give you the blank face.
    I saw that Aristo has similar specs but all these BB10 specs that are coming out are only rumors that only us BB people know about. The regular joe hasn't read or heard about these humored specs. Anyone else following the other phones that are coming out and their specs? What are your guys opinion?
    10-02-12 06:47 AM
    Mate, the HTC One + is coming out now and it has the specs you mentioned. The "Aristo" will probably be out (if at all) like august next year. So cant see very much sense in the title.
    10-02-12 06:57 AM
    I was just checking the review out on AndroidCentral, good specs
    10-02-12 07:00 AM
    An awful lot depends on how much power the OS and the apps require. For instance, I have an HP Netbook with an Atom processor which would bog down when doing more than one task (two tabs open on the browser). I wiped it clean and installed Puppy Linux and the darn thing is almost as fast as my PlayBook now.
    10-02-12 07:36 AM
    quite ridiculous actually to compare a NOW phone with a spec for ANOTHER YEAR phone.

by the time the ANOTHER YEAR phone came out, it probably would have to compete with a 2.5GH hexacore (if only it exists) and a 2GB of ram.

would rim still use this spec then?

btw, rumors are rumors..
    until the exact spec came exactly with launch date from rim, all we're having now is a test mule to see how it gauge with public reactions.
    and also to test upcoming apps and make sure devs are happy with the direction rim is taking.

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 07:52 AM
    As has been mentionned, it is unwise to compare the specs of a phone which is released (or about to be) with a rumour of the specs, of a rumoured phone, which may exist, at some point in the next year.

It is also unwise to compare what Android will need to get it to run smoothly with what BB10 will need. The actual way which the OS works and calls upon tasks and apps changes a whole lot when talking about specs and different processor types.

Si.
    10-02-12 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD