Very informative article from AnandTech.

With same bandwidth and number of antennas, DC-HSPA+ is actually faster than LTE but LTE has lower latency.

AnandTech - The iPhone 4S, HSPA+, and When HSPA+ is Real 4G
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-09-11 02:48 PM
    I work for Verizon Wireless so I had to read a lot of literature about LTE when it was first launched but one of the reasons why LTE is superior is also one of the least talked about: The frequency.

LTE is lower on the frequency spectrum than both HSPA+ and WiMax. Why should you care?

Have you ever pulled up next to one of those typical Tommy Toughguys at a red light with music blaring? What do you hear over all of the music/hear the most of? The bass. Because it's frequency is lower it penetrates the car much easier than the higher frequencies (mids and treble.)

It's the same with signals, LTE has much better penetration than HSPA+ and WiMax. You're not going to lose your signal going into your basement or a building.
    10-09-11 08:11 PM
    Of course if a carrier could and did launch HSPA+ on lower frequency spectrum that completely invalidates your point.
    10-09-11 10:11 PM
    I work for Verizon Wireless so I had to read a lot of literature about LTE when it was first launched but one of the reasons why LTE is superior is also one of the least talked about: The frequency.

LTE is lower on the frequency spectrum than both HSPA+ and WiMax. Why should you care?

Have you ever pulled up next to one of those typical Tommy Toughguys at a red light with music blaring? What do you hear over all of the music/hear the most of? The bass. Because it's frequency is lower it penetrates the car much easier than the higher frequencies (mids and treble.)

It's the same with signals, LTE has much better penetration than HSPA+ and WiMax. You're not going to lose your signal going into your basement or a building.
    Oh I'll show you good penetration. Wait.
    10-09-11 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD