A friend told me to use :Alt+LG+LG to cleanup my Blackberry, I wondered what this command precisely is for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 10:09 PM
    There is a lot of folklore surrounding BlackBerry, including regular battery pulls and clearing the event log to improve preformance.

BlackBerry uses a tiny amount of space to log events The information is only usefull for technical diagnosis of software and connection issues. Clearing the event log does nothing to increase memory space because the event log file remains. The file is a fixed size of 2 Kb, new events push older events down until they are purged, keeping the file size constant.

08-26-10 10:25 PM
    all that command does is open the event log. and allow you you to clean it out. it does very little to keep moving fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 10:25 PM
    There is a lot of folklore surrounding BlackBerry, including regular battery pulls and clearing the event log to improve preformance.

BlackBerry uses a tiny amount of space to log events The information is only usefull for technical diagnosis of software and connection issues. Clearing the event log does nothing to increase memory space because the event log file remains. The file is a fixed size of 2 Kb, new events push older events down until they are purged, keeping the file size constant.

And there are paid apps to clear the event log.

The worse thing is people buy them.
    08-26-10 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD