I am looking for an explanation about youtube video playback on blackberries. My dad has the 8530 and it constantly buffers and sometimes refuses to play. Is there an app to watch them that makes it easier or is youtube just not meant to be on a bberry.
    Thanks
    11-16-10 12:51 AM
    on the Storm 2 and the Torch, they are pretty clear. playback on 9700 was a little grainy but overall not too bad. whether it will be buffering badly or not depends on alot of things, mostly the network.
    11-16-10 01:59 AM
    About the constant buffering. Is he on wifi when that happens? If so does it work on 3g?

Nearly weekly I have to unplug and re plug in my wifi router.

My wifes and my BlackBerry will stop doing youtube at the same time while on our wifi.

Rebooting the router always fixes it for both our phones. something to try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 06:43 AM
    Its always on 3g, my dad does not know what wifi is lol. I'll let him know but that is his main gripe.
    Thanks
    11-16-10 07:34 AM
    Try one of the 3rd party youtube apps from AppWorld.

They work pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 07:50 AM
    youtube is blackberry's kryptonite. its always been a horrible experience. bad quality, buffers a lot and lots of times videos fail to even load.

javing a 3g phone will help but still wont be very good.
    11-16-10 11:35 AM
    youtube video quality sucks on BB, compared to an iphone/touch. I've tried all the so-called "HQ" methods of viewing youtube on my S2. There just is no real solution to the inferior quality of the streams sent to BB devices. Anyone who tells you that Youtube videos on a BB look as good as on other devices is clueless and I would bet them my house and my savings that I'm correct.
    11-16-10 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD