So hopefully my interesting thread title has got your curiosity piqued, I'm curious to know how were your first experiences delving into the world of push-email and always-on internet connections? (And the often frightening costs that come with them )

If all goes to plan, I should be able to upgrade my contract and send this Nokia 5230 (Which is still brand new, only a few days old) which don't get me wrong; is a fantastic phone, back and replace it with a Blackberry Curve 8520.

And before you all go "Should've gone with the Curve 8900/Bold", My carrier's choice of BB's is limited to the Curve 8520 and the Bold 9700, And i am NOT paying 300 for my first Blackberry when the Curve is free

(My GF's got the Bold 9700 anyway so i might be able to steal that off her when she upgrades )
    08-12-10 10:26 PM
    i'd def try to steal the 9700 the 8520 has slowww data speed
    08-12-10 10:35 PM
  3. T
    My Curve's the best phone I ever had. I'm reluctant to part with it even for a "better" BlackBerry. Welcome aboard!
    08-12-10 10:37 PM
    I've had both, and prefer the 9700 but the 8520 get's the job done so no complaints besides speed and memory issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 10:55 PM
    BTW, my first time was fantastic.

08-12-10 10:56 PM
    I've had both, and prefer the 9700 but the 8520 get's the job done so no complaints besides speed and memory issues.

I'm not really intending to be stuffing it to the brim with Applications. I'll probably end up using a Music Streaming app for the UK since we can't get Pandora over here () as well as Maps, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and possibly Google Talk if i can be bothered setting it up

I'm a multi-tasker by nature (On a computer anyway ) so i'm just wondering, Would running apps like Facebook/Twitter in the background have any effect on apps like Music Streaming/Radio type deals or when i'm texting/web browsing?
    08-12-10 10:59 PM
    Stick with the free option until you can get the 9700 from your GF , then keep the curve as a spare in case the 9700 ever fails on you. Never be without a backup.

08-13-10 02:05 AM
    BTW, my first time was fantastic.

I would have to agree.
    08-13-10 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD