10-14-11 05:49 PM
29 12
tools
    For those affected by the outage, how are you surviving?

I think it's very weird to wake up in the morning and not have my BB's red light flashing or have at least 3 BBM messages.

My BlackBerry feels quiet.

Funny thing is, I'm not sure how to communicate with my family other than BBM so I had to resort for Facebook Walls to tell them "I'm safe!" lol

I thought it would be really bad not to have the service, but truth be told, it's a nice mini-break from all the madness that BBM has to offer.

Even though I cannot wait for the services to get back, I think we should enjoy our times while our BlackBerries semi-offline before we go back to the crazy world of BBMing!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-12-11 09:33 AM
    I can't take the break. I get some 500 emails a day. Now if I don't respond to them immediately when I get home I have some 500 emails to respond to. I'm a little too tired now of doing this......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 09:36 AM
    I thInk i Am gOIng thROUGh wiiiiiiithdrawal... I feeeeel agitated, I make angry outbursts, I get anxious, depressed, I HAVE AN INSATIABLE CRAVING FOR BBM, I am extremely irritable, my muscles go through extreme throes (spasms and pain), I am nauseous, very tired, I am shaking as I type this, and I have INSOMNIA!

That's how I am surviving! I need my BlackBerry Services NOW!!!!

10-12-11 09:42 AM
    I thInk i Am gOIng thROUGh wiiiiiiithdrawal... I feeeeel agitated, I make angry outbursts, I get anxious, depressed, I HAVE AN INSATIABLE CRAVING FOR BBM, I am extremely irritable, my muscles go through extreme throes (spasms and pain), I am nauseous, very tired, I am shaking as I type this, and I have INSOMNIA!

That's how I am surviving! I need my BlackBerry Services NOW!!!!

Click to view quoted image
    LOLZ well I'm surviving from getting yelling from my boss

10-12-11 09:45 AM
    I am preoccupied with Chemistry.

Wait a second.
    10-12-11 09:46 AM
    I'm getting by alright. Believe it or not, I'd be more angry if it was just mine that didn't work, but knowing it's a wider problem and knowing (or at least hoping!) that it will get fixed is slightly more comforting.
    Barljo likes this.
    10-12-11 09:54 AM
    I don't use my BB much since the outage began. My mother is overjoyed with the fact that there's an outage on BIS as I'm on my BB all the time, I always have my phone with me but during the past 2 days I just throw it somewhere and just go back to type random texts to my contacts to check whether it's back up, when she saw me without it the first thing she said to me was "What happened to you Blackberry?". . One time, I went out with her and like always I was BBM'ing and she got so angry she threatened to throw my Blackberry in the sea.
    Last edited by Ammunet91; 10-12-11 at 10:19 AM.
    10-12-11 10:14 AM
    meh no problem fer me most of my bb ppls are on liveprofile which is working, no browser issues and i can still sms so essentially its like rockin an IPHONE fer a day
    Last edited by mooda; 10-12-11 at 11:27 AM. Reason: i cant spell
    10-12-11 11:26 AM
    Its sucks, instead of BBM my wife (who is in other room) I'm force to speak with her...
    Dam you RIM.....

Disclaimer: this was meant as a joke
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 10-12-11 at 11:48 AM.
    10-12-11 11:34 AM
    meh no problem fer me most of my bb ppls are on liveprofile which is working, no browser issues and i can still sms so essentially its like rockin an IPHONE fer a day
    I've never heard of this app before. I'll have to check it out
    10-12-11 11:42 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Its sucks, instead of BBM my wife (who is in other room) I'm force to speak with her...
    Dam you RIM.....

Disclaimer: this was meant as a joke
    hahaha too funny!!! LOL!!
    10-12-11 11:54 AM
    My BlackBerry still works over WiFi, just not getting email except through the Gmail app. Still working on WiFi though for the most part.

10-12-11 12:10 PM
    yea my phone is so quiet right now -_-;; its just weird really lol
    10-12-11 12:22 PM
    I'm sitting in front of a computer anyways, so the only real thing I'm missing out on is BBM. It's an inconvenience since I use BBM quite frequently to contact some of the sales reps for our company, but it's really not that bad...
    10-12-11 12:27 PM
    I can't log in to the Email Set Up App (lost my accounts this morning when I deleted service books and tried to register with the network) and my apps won't work. It's so frustrating.
    10-12-11 01:27 PM
    I'm surviving with Logicmail and Opera browser

10-12-11 01:31 PM
    I am as good as dead.
    3 days.
    No emails on BB.
    No Gtalk on BB.
    No YM! on BB.
    No MSN on BB.
    And worst..

No ВВМ.

Haven't lived without the above for even a day in my life from the last 2 years.

Call me and addict. But I can't imagine how I will survive ahead.

10-12-11 01:48 PM
    I'm surviving with Logicmail and Opera browser

I was able to use Opra during the outage, I had not heard of Logicmail before now, so I am assuming that you recommend it?
    10-13-11 12:29 PM
    It was a long day without service but I'm glad everything is running smoothly. Inspired by everyone's stories. Also, FB has a page "I survived the BlackBerry outage". Funny.
    10-13-11 12:40 PM
    I was at two 3 hour meetings yesterday, I was still able to use my BB via SMS, though not as fast as BBM but messages were getting through. A spokesman that sat 2 seats from me pulled out his iPhone and started messing with it (I think it had iOS 5) when he wasn't speaking while I left mine in my pocket the whole 6 hours. Having no email is understandable, some people use BB's email domain for their business/work contact, I use mine just for BB App World and carrier contact, little things like that so I didn't miss it.

OP, you DO realize SMS exists, right?
    10-13-11 12:50 PM
    I was able to use Opra during the outage, I had not heard of Logicmail before now, so I am assuming that you recommend it?
    **** yeah, I will never delete it off my phone again. Instant email but it did use the battery faster.

10-13-11 01:46 PM
    **** yeah, I will never delete it off my phone again. Instant email but it did use the battery faster.

Thanks, I will give it a try, although from what I have read I am not sure it will work with Yahoo mail
    10-13-11 07:47 PM
    not sure if this is the outage but my Email alerts still function (and the LED with them) but i am no longer getting notified about Facebook notifications and manually loading the mobile app shows no unread even if there actually are. i just use the mobile site in the browser for now, or my desktop computer. it seems to only affect Facebook, have not tried App World yet.

However, last week i DID experience a week-long internet outage, both at home and even the cell tower (got the little '1xev' but in all lowercase, could phone out and in but not message or use data) were down at the same time. when my internet at home came back up (usually for only five minutes at a time) my cell would go all capital (1XEV) until it went down again. whatever it was, solar spots, etc, it killed my entire home internet AND my phone's data services all simultaneously
    Last edited by nickdalzell1; 10-13-11 at 08:37 PM.
    10-13-11 08:35 PM
    I'm fine, my watch is broken so along as the bb clock works I couldn't care less about emails or bbms, gives me a break.
    10-13-11 09:29 PM
    When I had my BB and there was an outage, I actually spoke to people in person. It was an amazing feeling! You all should try it.

I am pretty sure the outage didn't effect voice or smsing .....

up488 likes this.
    10-13-11 09:57 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD