"Apple's new iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s are now in the wild, and here's how you'll be able to score one. They'll go on pre-order at Apple's store carriers in the US, US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore and the UK starting September 13th (carrier details to come). A basic 16GB iPhone 5s model will run $199 for the 16GB version, $299 for 32GB and $399 for 64GB on a two year contract. The iPhone 5c will cost $99 for the 16GB model and $199 for the 32GB model. Though the iPhone 5 will be discontinued, the iPhone 4s will stay on the roster and be free on a two year contract. The new models will start shipping out on September 20th, but if you decide you want one in your hand on that very day, you can also hit Apple stores -- if you're feeling lucky."

So dramatically different than BB's launch of the Z and Q.
    09-10-13 01:33 PM
    Can't really argue with you on that.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    09-10-13 01:34 PM
    It's especially impressive in that the volume of phones needed to do this kind of launch is pretty incredible. Whenever these phones launch, the UPS guy always remarks about how many dozens of these he is delivering that day.
    09-10-13 01:37 PM
    The rumours over the last couple of weeks have been flying about how many millions of units of these phones have already been shipped to staging areas for shipment to stores on opening day.

Very different approach.
    09-10-13 01:37 PM
    Depends on what country you are in, people in a number of countries were able to pickup a z10 the day after the launch let alone having to wait 3 days just to pre-order.
    09-10-13 01:38 PM
    Although I love my Z10, I must admit that Apple is way ahead from BlackBerry when it comes to f*king marketing, yes marketing. Presentation wise of the products, as they did it today - it's outstanding.

Z10 User / STL 100-1 / Hybrid OS 10.2.0.1047 & 1371 / Smart / Philippines
    09-10-13 01:40 PM
    but it pretty much kind of dissapointing...

iPhone 5C not offer anything, it is much better if they offering iPhone 5 with $100 price cut..

iPhone 5S almost same phone with iPhone 5, same form factor, same screen size, same screen resolution (probably) only minor upgrade

their only achievement with this keynote only iOS7, China mobile and Ntt docomo onboard
    indie_b likes this.
    09-10-13 01:41 PM
    but it pretty much kind of dissapointing...

iPhone 5C not offer anything, it is much better if they offering iPhone 5 with $100 price cut..

their only achievement with this keynote only iOS7, China mobile and Ntt docomo onboard
    And 64-bit!!!
    09-10-13 01:42 PM
    Depends on what country you are in, people in a number of countries were able to pickup a z10 the day after the launch let alone having to wait 3 days just to pre-order.
    Apple is going to deliver more phones in one day than BlackBerry has delivered in the last year. You at some point have to give credit where credit is due, even if you don't like the product.
    09-10-13 01:43 PM
    Such a joke to me that apple users will pay so much for extra storage... 200 bucks for 48GB. I have had my SD card for years transfer from many of my devices THANK YOU BLACKBERRY!
    09-10-13 01:43 PM
    Did they not end up doing that trade in program that was rumored?
    09-10-13 01:48 PM
    apple is upping its HW and BB is still sleeping sound as it were 10 years ago.
    09-10-13 01:50 PM
    Did they not end up doing that trade in program that was rumored?
    It was announced and launched some weeks ago: Apple’s iPhone Trade-In Program Going Live Across The U.S. Today | TechCrunch
    09-10-13 01:50 PM
    Well, that is what happens when you have a product people want.
    09-10-13 01:51 PM
    If you look at the spec wars on imore: Spec wars: iPhone 5s vs. Nexus 4 vs. HTC One vs. BlackBerry Z10 vs. Lumia 1020 | iMore

you can see Z10 still on par with iPhone 5s in many respects
    Blackberry_boffin likes this.
    09-10-13 02:01 PM
    Apple is going to deliver more phones in one day than BlackBerry has delivered in the last year. You at some point have to give credit where credit is due, even if you don't like the product.
    The same is true in reverse though, you should give BB credit for launching promptly in those other regions, it obviously sucks for the delays in the states, but at this time they simply can't be delaying launches to give preference to the slow carriers in that country over ones in other countries where they actually buy blackberries because they needed all the sales they could get as soon as possible.
    09-10-13 02:04 PM
    The same is true in reverse though, you should give BB credit for launching promptly in those other regions, it obviously sucks for the delays in the states, but at this time they simply can't be delaying launches to give preference to the slow carriers in that country over ones in other countries where they actually buy blackberries because they needed all the sales they could get as soon as possible.
    The z launched in only the UK. The Q was announced at the same time and didn't launch for months...
    09-10-13 02:19 PM
    My girlfriend works at a big company that has BlackBerry as a customer. The management will not even look at BB10 phones, one boss openly says he hates BlackBerry. Couldn't believe she got a Z10, said he was disappointed in her. They all are on a permanent wait list for what ever new iPhone is out. Only a few phones are delivered a month because apple refuses to fill their whole order because of "shortages". These guy also spend at least $10 on a cup of coffee several times a day . Image is all they care about.

Posted via Z10
    09-10-13 02:24 PM
    "Apple's new iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s are now in the wild, and here's how you'll be able to score one. They'll go on pre-order at Apple's store carriers in the US, US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore and the UK starting September 13th (carrier details to come). A basic 16GB iPhone 5s model will run $199 for the 16GB version, $299 for 32GB and $399 for 64GB on a two year contract. The iPhone 5c will cost $99 for the 16GB model and $199 for the 32GB model. Though the iPhone 5 will be discontinued, the iPhone 4s will stay on the roster and be free on a two year contract. The new models will start shipping out on September 20th, but if you decide you want one in your hand on that very day, you can also hit Apple stores -- if you're feeling lucky."

So dramatically different than BB's launch of the Z and Q.
    No conspiracy theories regarding media bias or carrier interference. This is what it is, this is what it costs, this is when it's out. New OS to everyone eight days later.

This is what BlackBerry fails to execute effectively.
    09-10-13 02:25 PM
    No conspiracy theories regarding media bias or carrier interference. This is what it is, this is what it costs, this is when it's out. New OS to everyone eight days later.

This is what BlackBerry fails to execute effectively.
    Keywords: "to everyone".
    JeepBB, mjdimer and Matador like this.
    09-10-13 02:41 PM
    They left the wifi box under the 5s column blank. Does it mean that it won't have wifi or was it just a mistake?

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    09-10-13 02:57 PM
    My girlfriend works at a big company that has BlackBerry as a customer. The management will not even look at BB10 phones, one boss openly says he hates BlackBerry. Couldn't believe she got a Z10, said he was disappointed in her. They all are on a permanent wait list for what ever new iPhone is out. Only a few phones are delivered a month because apple refuses to fill their whole order because of "shortages". These guy also spend at least $10 on a cup of coffee several times a day . Image is all they care about.

Posted via Z10
    It is entirely possible that they just want good phones, that work as they are supposed to, all the time, that have a full selection of apps, and that get regular software updates without any carrier related BS.
    09-10-13 05:12 PM
    They left the wifi box under the 5s column blank. Does it mean that it won't have wifi or was it just a mistake?

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    Of course it has wifi.

802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 ghz) and Bluetooth 4.0

https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/#mn_p

Also, did anyone catch that with any new iOS device all of the major Apple apps ( iWork, iMovie ) will be free on all iOS devices.

Those software updates will also be free.

But none of this matters, because it's not a BB10 so it can't be any good. That will be the message here anyway.
    09-10-13 05:13 PM

Posted via Z10
    Ah yes ... "Shortages"... Another apple conspiracy ! Lol!

If apple has been purposefully creating shortages I cannot imagine the numbers they would have sold initially. As it is, their manufacturing and distribution capabilities have been impressive to even ship out the "limited" supply of past releases.

Apples numbers easily justify shortages.... Bb and ms.... Oh.... Not so much.
    kevinnugent and JeepBB like this.
    09-10-13 08:26 PM
    Such a joke to me that apple users will pay so much for extra storage... 200 bucks for 48GB. I have had my SD card for years transfer from many of my devices THANK YOU BLACKBERRY!
    You just don't get it... It's not always about storage. Some appreciate the simplicity, others prefer games and applications, but to me its always been about their customer service. The only time I've had to contact a representative for a warranty the call got disconnected and much to my amazement, the customer service rep called ME back. That's crazy and unexpected. Definitely not expected, but greatly appreciated.

FWIW: I always buy the 16gb and seem to always have storage available when needed. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but its not much of an issue for me.
    09-10-13 09:18 PM
32 12