Moving on from iPhone. Have become accustomed to 4-5 years of new OS and security updates. Have a Keyone en route. My understanding is security updates will end this spring and that maybe if a vulnerability is found it may be patched. Is this correct? Assuming phone is physically secure and has a strong password how concerned should I be for virus and data theft?
    01-14-19 04:09 PM
    There is no definitive answer there. It's all going to depend on what, if any vulnerabilities, are found. Most require physical access and or certain procedures to be in place to even be exploitable. The mere existance of a vulnerability does not mean it can be exploited easily on any given device.

Some updates don't actually require a software update and can be handled by Google Play Services. If everyone NOT on the latest software was easily vulnerable, Android would be a trainwreck because there's a lot of device out there in the world not on the latest.
    01-14-19 04:19 PM
    Moving on from iPhone. Have become accustomed to 4-5 years of new OS and security updates. Have a Keyone en route. My understanding is security updates will end this spring and that maybe if a vulnerability is found it may be patched. Is this correct? Assuming phone is physically secure and has a strong password how concerned should I be for virus and data theft?
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ still has over a year of patches left (3 years from launch).

BlackBerry Android also has better resiliency against the most common issues that tend to be patched.
    CrackPriv likes this.
    01-14-19 05:15 PM
    That was my question too!
    01-14-19 05:23 PM
    If there ever is an exploit, rooting the device would be easier. until then, nobody has done it.

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    01-17-19 01:58 PM