Hi everyone,

Our company has a phone we are tossing out to the recyclers but would like to wipe all data on it first. Its a 8830 and the keyboard doesn't work. Its running enterprise and it auto locks so there is no way to unlock it.

In another post there is mention of using BBSAK to wipe the device and reload the OS. That is a post back in 2008 so just wondering if anyone has any other ideas as to what we can do.

Thanks
    05-02-11 05:16 PM
    if you can't unlock the device to get to the security menu and perform a security wipe directly from the device, then bbsak is probably your only option.. there might be a way to do it directly from the BES server though... check with your IT Admin...
    05-02-11 06:06 PM
    You need to download a program called BBSAK (hang on a minute and I will grab you a link, as well as instructions)

I assume you have a PC, not a Mac?

EDIT:
    Here is a link for the (free) software:
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

Once you've installed it on your computer, connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable, and launch the BBSAK program

There are a couple of great threads on Crackberry explaining how to wipe your phone with BBSAK, but I chose this one for you since it includes screenshots (hint: scroll down to "Step Four"...the rest is really showing you how to back up your phone, but Step Four details wiping it!)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...es-pics-548313

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by bbstoof; 05-02-11 at 06:13 PM.
    Vladimer and amyswan like this.
    05-02-11 06:08 PM
    Since the device is still running on the BES, according to the OP, he could remote wipe the device.
    05-02-11 08:27 PM
    if you can't unlock the device to get to the security menu and perform a security wipe directly from the device, then bbsak is probably your only option.. there might be a way to do it directly from the BES server though... check with your IT Admin...
    Since the device is still running on the BES, according to the OP, he could remote wipe the device.

Correct

10char
    05-02-11 08:30 PM
    Wonderful, thanks for all the help guys. Wasn't aware that we could still remote wipe the first BB as the new BB is already setup with the BES with all his information.
    05-03-11 04:38 PM
    Won't be able to remote wipe if the device is not attached to an active BES account.

Connect the BB to a computer with a dummy Exchange account tied to an active BES account. Activate the enterprise email through the Desktop manager and then it will activate on the BES. If the device has been removed from the active BES profile, then there is no way to remote wipe it.
    05-03-11 04:42 PM
    Won't be able to remote wipe if the device is not attached to an active BES account.

You might have to connect the BB to a computer with a dummy Exchange account tied to an active BES account. Activate the enterprise email through the Desktop manager and then it will activate on the BES. If the device has been removed from the active BES profile, then there is no way to remote wipe it.
    05-03-11 05:37 PM
    well I fixed it by using the software bbsak to wipe the phone. I then reinstalled the version 5os then tested adding to address and it worked. So I restored the the address book and all seems ok now.
    05-04-11 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD