Can they afford to undercut apple's overprices products?
    06-04-12 10:13 PM
    Any answer at this point would be pure conjecture. No one really knows right now.
    06-04-12 10:20 PM
    I think anything over $250 willnot sell.
    06-04-12 10:25 PM
    Check here... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-costs-720932/

Now where's a mod to lock this so we can try to only have one going on?
    06-04-12 10:26 PM
    Don't lock,change subject lol.
    06-04-12 10:28 PM
    Subject change:

I wish RIM would sell direct at $250, no contract. I'm so over contracts.
    sevoman, kennyliu, JR A and 1 others like this.
    06-04-12 10:40 PM
    I also wish the direct sale price was lower.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-04-12 10:49 PM
    Subject change:

I wish RIM would sell direct at $250, no contract. I'm so over contracts.
    Outright (direct through the carrier here with no contract) is $799 for a Bold 9900. That's the same price as a iPhone 4s 16gb. And more than the new Samsung Galaxy III. There's NO WAY RIM will sell these things for less than Apple. I don't know why..... I wish they would .... they just won't. Unless they really have learnt their lesson, and I'm not sure they have.
    06-05-12 12:20 AM
    I hope BB10 won't be priced as the current BB phones. BB phone prices are outrageous. For half the price, you can get an upper mid-range phone with much better specs and more modern OS (minus security I suppose).
    06-05-12 12:43 AM
    I hope BB10 won't be priced as the current BB phones. BB phone prices are outrageous. For half the price, you can get an upper mid-range phone with much better specs and more modern OS (minus security I suppose).
    Research In Motion likely prices the smartphones high knowing the wireless carriers subsidize the actual price charged to the subscriber when they sign a contract. Face it buying a smartphone on contract is usually cheaper than buying off contract and then paying for monthly wireless service anyway, especially if you are not planning to change carriers within 2 years.
    06-05-12 12:50 AM
    Research In Motion likely prices the smartphones high knowing the wireless carriers subsidize the actual price charged to the subscriber when they sign a contract. Face it buying a smartphone on contract is usually cheaper than buying off contract and then paying for monthly wireless service anyway, especially if you are not planning to change carriers within 2 years.
    Even on contract, Blackberrys (especially Bolds) are among the most expensive. Not to mention off-contract prices.
    06-05-12 12:55 AM
    BlackBerry prices are ridiculous. They are not worth the price offered. I love them, but I didn't pay �400+ for a Bold when I can get a S2 for the same and the S3 for a little bit more.

I returned my Torch 9810 and I ordered a Curve instead. Firstly as I have doubts on RIM in the long term and secondly I'm waiting for the BB10 Bold. The price was reasonable, but still high for what that phone really is.
    06-05-12 06:16 AM
    Isn't the better question - what will they have to price them at?

Nokia's lumia sells for $200 less than the iphone but each one costs nokia about $40 more to make, Blackberry might be in a similar place.

Now Blackberry could take a hit on price but the market isn't going to like that, they are going to want to see a premium device that sells in high volumes and has decent margins.
    06-05-12 06:22 AM
    T-mobile is asking $599/$299 for the bold 9900 which is the most expensive device they sell. If RIM want to make a dent it'll have to be priced far more aggressively than that. When a 3GS is $0 an iPhone 4 is $99 (soon to be $0 if apple follow their past pricing structure upon the new iPhone release) and a 4s is $199 RIM is fighting a losing battle when it comes to pricing. Maybe the OP should look a bit deeper into who is actually overpriced.
    06-05-12 06:22 AM
    "overpriced" is the wrong perspective - if a company can command high margins and sell high volumes, then that is fantastic. If anyone thinks RIM or any other tech company doesn't want to do the same they are deluded.
    06-05-12 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD