So to make a long story short, here's what's happened.

I decided to tag along with my brother for a small family trip. Our family are nature activists so we chose Ranthambore Tiger Park in India. We flow in to delhi and then took a car. On the way, my nephew had to go to the bathroom and we had no idea of the area (the ones we found were not clean and hygenic). So did the driver. I then whipped out my BB which has world data service, started wikitude and found a clean restaurant to use the resources.

I'm not talking about toilets. I'm saying that blackberry has the power but its not recognized. That can be blamed on the media. Blackberry FTW!

If you had a similar situation and used a BB feature, tell the world what it was!
    01-29-12 04:03 AM
    If you are in India, you don't need Wikitude or GPS, all you need to do is roll down the window and ask .

I have an App called Zomato on my BB. I guess its for India only, but works great. I was in a part of Delhi I'm not familiar with and wanted to find a place for lunch. It gave me options near me and once I selected it took me there too.

But yes Wikitude works well in India along with Google Maps (they have mapped the boondoks in India), and Poynt.
    01-29-12 08:47 AM
    Yea. You are correct. But on the way to ranthambore, you meet up with villages. We had no idea about the language. Although we had a driver, I forgot to ask him cause the way I am, I have too much faight in tech. I had visited India just 6 yrs ago and had no mapping info. Great to see a developing country growing this fast tech wise.
    01-29-12 10:05 AM
    Yea. You are correct. But on the way to ranthambore, you meet up with villages. We had no idea about the language. Although we had a driver, I forgot to ask him cause the way I am, I have too much faight in tech. I had visited India just 6 yrs ago and had no mapping info. Great to see a developing country growing this fast tech wise.
    Our native language ....why its English Sir. . If you know English you can make your way across India. Everyone speaks some version of it.
    01-29-12 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD