If that is your view, then use the other option, since you know there isn't much BlackBerry can do on their end.

Posted from my Red Passport
    You said they should flex their muscles and I asked what they have to flex as I see no leverage. I guess you see none either based on this response. I was simply curious if there was something known that I hadn't heard or read about. But my view of BlackBerry is bleak even in the Enterprise they are focusing on. Chen clearly wants to focus on MDM and software for other platforms which isn't good for the people, consumers or enterprise, that took the plunge on BB10. They put about as much effort into Bb10 as they did the PlayBook, OK a little more, and the results are the same.

Posted via Z30
    06-06-15 02:03 PM
    But we cannot carry 2-3 handset for every thing

Posted via CB10
    I know.

I've accepted the fact that no big name apps will ever be on my BlackBerry without me having to use some other weird method of loading them on.
    06-06-15 08:21 PM
    The apps are never coming, BlackBerry world is getting worse by the day. I have all the apps I need without using the amazon app store or snap. If you rely on apps, BlackBerry may not be for you. So, you may have to switch platforms or I believe BlackBerry may switch to android eventually. Till then, I will still use BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:35 PM
    The apps are never coming, BlackBerry world is getting worse by the day. I have all the apps I need without using the amazon app store or snap. If you rely on apps, BlackBerry may not be for you. So, you may have to switch platforms or I believe BlackBerry may switch to android eventually. Till then, I will still use BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry switch to Android? NEVER! #LOLOL
    06-06-15 08:56 PM
    Which ones do you want? Using apk-dll I've swiped mine ota, so long as the apps themselves are free.
    No g-play, no amazon, no sachesi, no computer to plug into, eventually my updates floated to me ota as well.

As for music, there are plenty of options for BlackBerry, you definitely do not have to carry two devices! You can stream thru, well i hate to list them all again bc there are alot more than what i use, i stick with ones i consider the best. And any music you download or took from your computer can go on your memory card.

I dont swallow all the doom n gloom n its just unusable stuff being posted here. Hands on experience will speak for itself. People who actually use BlackBerry and switch to android have valuable information to share. For some, BlackBerry isnt enough. Did you make sure you got any updates out there? Z10 on 10.1 was not near what it could be, and android app support wasnt put together yet on that build.
    06-06-15 09:42 PM
    You said they should flex their muscles and I asked what they have to flex as I see no leverage. I guess you see none either based on this response. I was simply curious if there was something known that I hadn't heard or read about. But my view of BlackBerry is bleak even in the Enterprise they are focusing on. Chen clearly wants to focus on MDM and software for other platforms which isn't good for the people, consumers or enterprise, that took the plunge on BB10. They put about as much effort into Bb10 as they did the PlayBook, OK a little more, and the results are the same.

Posted via Z30
    No, I don't see anything else, but they could use $1 Billion of their stash and work with companies to get the Native apps built.
    What did they do with Twitter, FourSquare, LinkedIn and Facebook? Why did they stop at those four? Why can't they take the top 10 social apps and make sure they all connect to Contacts and the Hub? Those are my questions.

I think the issue is, when they were moving from PlayBook to the Z10, they had a 1/4 of a plan and did a half-hearted effort. At the time, they could have gotten more companies on board. At that time, they could have lent help to get their apps created and provided on going support and there would have been plenty of takers. Now, it is unsure, especially with the whole Amazon thing. The company would respond with: "What benefit do I get for making a Native, when your users can use my Amazon app?"

So, it is what it is.
    If the API is open, then let the developers know that you are interested in the app.
    If it doesn't require closed data, then let the developers know that you need an app.
    Else, use the device browser or find a work around.
    Or, get together other BB10 users and create a campaign to get the company to get their app on BB10.
    06-07-15 09:18 AM
    No, I don't see anything else, but they could use $1 Billion of their stash and work with companies to get the Native apps built.
    What did they do with Twitter, FourSquare, LinkedIn and Facebook? Why did they stop at those four? Why can't they take the top 10 social apps and make sure they all connect to Contacts and the Hub? Those are my questions.

I think the issue is, when they were moving from PlayBook to the Z10, they had a 1/4 of a plan and did a half-hearted effort. At the time, they could have gotten more companies on board. At that time, they could have lent help to get their apps created and provided on going support and there would have been plenty of takers. Now, it is unsure, especially with the whole Amazon thing. The company would respond with: "What benefit do I get for making a Native, when your users can use my Amazon app?"

So, it is what it is.
    If the API is open, then let the developers know that you are interested in the app.
    If it doesn't require closed data, then let the developers know that you need an app.
    Else, use the device browser or find a work around.
    Or, get together other BB10 users and create a campaign to get the company to get their app on BB10.
    That time has passed. They have been sitting on $3 Billion since Mike and Jim were there, and refuse to spend it on meaningful things, and Chen clearly isn't going to spend a dime on apps as he hates consumers and hardware and is only comfortable with SAAS and B2B. BlackBerry needs to fold up shop under the name BlackBerry, or invest heavily in brand rehab. Anything launched under the brand is now DOA, even in enterprise and Government. People are sick of the way they have done and continue to do business. This includes app developers and owners of systems that need apps to interface them.

Posted via Z30
    06-07-15 09:33 AM
32 12