Find out when ATT will be releasing the Z10
    02-12-13 03:50 PM
    It's late. I'm wired. I'm tired. I'm trying to go to bed but I can't put my Z10 down. And now this new CrackBerry 10 app is installed which makes browsing the site so fast that CB is more addictive than ever.

So I thought I'd stop for a minute and check in with the community to see how we're doing so far. The forums have been buzzing these past few weeks. I love it. And on the editorial side the team has been working so hard. Since getting our Z10 three weeks ago we really haven't stopped working at all, other than short pauses here and there to catch some sleep. We're having a lot of fun keeping the content flowing. We've got a lot done and there is still a ton more to come.

I think we're doing a pretty good job with it all, and hopefully you agree. And that's what this thread is for. Let us know how we are doing and if there is anything else you would like us to be doing on the homepage side of things.

Love you all!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I'm pleased with the continuous flow of information and knowledge regarding both old and new devices.

Keep up the great work, guys!
    02-12-13 03:59 PM
    I think you guys are doing a great job!! The new cb10 app rocks! Keep the content flowing

02-12-13 05:59 PM
    You needto set up the forum so newbies can't create threads. Make them have 10 or 15 posts first
    Tim-ANC and Deu2e like this.
    02-12-13 06:02 PM
    Kevin when you can - I know there is a lot you guys are working on since the phones are new, how about maybe getting together with Alec Saunders and asking him to identify some of the better apps submitted during the port-a-thons and Jams. I believe there is a belief that spills over from the PlayBook that these Jams-a-thons generate quantity, but little of quality. It would give the devs a nice showcase of the better apps, give those who bought their new phones a chance to showcase the best of what came from that group.

I think it would be a public service all around. I know there is no Netflix or Sonos app in that group - but I would love to find out some real quality was generated and identified.
    chrysaurora likes this.
    02-12-13 06:25 PM
    Kevin when you can - I know there is a lot you guys are working on since the phones are new, how about maybe getting together with Alec Saunders and asking him to identify some of the better apps submitted during the port-a-thons and Jams. I believe there is a belief that spills over from the PlayBook that these Jams-a-thons generate quantity, but little of quality. It would give the devs a nice showcase of the better apps, give those who bought their new phones a chance to showcase the best of what came from that group.

I think it would be a public service all around. I know there is no Netflix or Sonos app in that group - but I would love to find out some real quality was generated and identified.
    This! +1.
    02-12-13 07:33 PM
    Good thought. We already are working on our best apps and games lists manually. We've been manually seeking them out. But I will try and get some more aid in finding the best of the best apps.

randall2580 likes this.
    02-12-13 08:28 PM
    I can't stop using my z10 from the time it wakes me up in the morning all the way until passed bed time when the battery runs out and I am forced to goto bed. Thanks Kevin for all your tips and keep it up. Played a few of my created videos from story maker on my tv today . Great tip
    02-12-13 08:41 PM
    Loving all the content recently. I vote also for shorter more frequent podcasts.
    02-12-13 08:45 PM
    As usual - great job guys! I know you must get this almost daily but....I so wish I could work alongside! I write pretty well, and am passionate about BB and Tech. Yes - now that we've had the Canada release, a new podcast is in order!
    02-12-13 09:00 PM
    Loving the content, and loving the Z10. Thanks for all your hard work.
    I'd like to see a article or podcast summarizing the "easter eggs" and shortcuts discovered so far. Tips and Tricks for new users if you will.

Did you know the Z10 can call your playbook for video chat? Awesome!!!
    webmeister likes this.
    02-12-13 10:06 PM
    Not taking jibes at those who don't share my point of view. Taking jibes at those who don't respect my point of view. There's a difference . I've been quiet and ignoring them mostly, but some of those shrill anti BB people are quiet these days, so yes I couldn't resist putting it to some of those. I see one of those has crawled out to like your comment though .
    Hmmm. The only two likes on the comment are from myself and qbnkelt. What are you saying?!
    02-13-13 01:17 AM
    Team CB is doing a fantastic job. I think everyone really appreciated how hard you all worked to get information about BB10 out to everyone on CrackBerry so soon after launch. It really made the community feel like part of the 'event'. So glad you guys lured Simon back where he belongs

Are there any plans to do a comparison between BB7 and BB10? I would be curious to see what they still have in common and what is different.
    02-13-13 01:30 AM
    Not taking jibes at those who don't share my point of view. Taking jibes at those who don't respect my point of view. There's a difference . I've been quiet and ignoring them mostly, but some of those shrill anti BB people are quiet these days, so yes I couldn't resist putting it to some of those. I see one of those has crawled out to like your comment though .
    Being the persistent antagonist doesn't help.
    Rickroller, richardat and mikeo007 like this.
    02-13-13 10:06 AM
    Hmmm. The only two likes on the comment are from myself and qbnkelt. What are you saying?!
    Meh.......ignore it.

I'm 5'00 and I'm curly haired. I think you're safe.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    kevinnugent and richardat like this.
    02-13-13 04:50 PM
    I don't know which one of you he was referring to, but it's sad that now another thread has name-calling in it - and toward specific people. Sam_b77....your last ugly (name-calling and false allegations) post directed toward me in another thread really surprised me. I've lost a great deal of respect for you. Do you really think this kind of behavior helps CB or BB?
    02-13-13 04:50 PM
    Team CB is doing a fantastic job. I think everyone really appreciated how hard you all worked to get information about BB10 out to everyone on CrackBerry so soon after launch. It really made the community feel like part of the 'event'. So glad you guys lured Simon back where he belongs

Are there any plans to do a comparison between BB7 and BB10? I would be curious to see what they still have in common and what is different.
    Adam is working on a "Thinking about switching from BB7 to BB10" post right now. Not a full out comparison, but will cover the basics.

We will work on some real indepth stuff too... the checklist of what's changed in detail.

Thanks again for all the great feedback. Now I have to take Bla1ze out for dinner... it's his birthday!
    02-13-13 07:19 PM
    I enjoy the site and have been on it for over 4.5 years. It's been my source of info for my Curve 8330 -> Bold 9700 -> Torch 9800 -> Torch 9810 -> Bold 9900 ->Z10. Detecting a trend? I have contributed sparingly and lurked continuously for all that time. You guys obviously love your jobs and you're always trying to find something new and innovative to do and say on this site.
    My only criticism (and it's a constructive one) is that I'd like to see the content kept as family friendly as possible. While you really can't control what people say on the forums since that would be censorship, I would greatly appreciate it if the blogs and anything else that shows on the front page is kept clean without doing anything to the professional, fun, edgy and irreverent level that CB has become famous for!
    02-13-13 07:40 PM
    The Z has certainly lit a fire under the members and revived the site dramatically. I expect it will get even more active as US releases begin in the next month or so. The Q 10 will light things up even farther, and boy, have things been rolling.

Of course, there will always be those who will never be happy no matter what y'all do to prove things. But enough for them. Keep up the good work, it's nice to be active again!
    When the phone hits the US market, you will see a lot of users hitting the forums. And if you think the trolls (and people who work for third-party marketing firms who join and immediately post negative comments to sow doubt in the BB) are here now, just wait. I'm personally witnessing huge interest from iPhone colleagues/friends, much more than Android. Interesting, I thought I would be a bit of an anomaly, but turns out there's a lot of people that seem ready to leave Apple's iOS. Surprised! Oh and pretty happy with the daily content on the site, as a new BB user, thanks!
    Last edited by Gnomesane; 02-13-13 at 08:32 PM.
    02-13-13 08:19 PM

I think we're doing a pretty good job with it all, and hopefully you agree. And that's what this thread is for. Let us know how we are doing and if there is anything else you would like us to be doing on the homepage side of things.
    You guys are kickin Buttocks and takin Usernames!
    02-13-13 08:27 PM
    When the phone hits the US market, you will see a lot of users hitting the forums. And if you think the trolls (and people who work for third-party marketing firms who join and immediately post negative comments to sow doubt in the BB) are here now, just wait. I'm personally witnessing huge interest from iPhone colleagues/friends, much more than Android. Interesting, I thought I would be a bit of an anomaly, but turns out there's a lot of people that seem ready to leave Apple's iOS. Surprised! Oh and pretty happy with the daily content on the site, as a new BB user, thanks!
    Yup. The online trolls and naysayers are remarkably quiet. BlackBerry has a winner on their hands with "the Zed" and it will only get better when the dams burst and the flood of Z10s start in the US market!
    02-13-13 08:38 PM
    i think just the fact that you posted a thread asking this speaks volumes,,, HBD Blaize!!! now THAT'S a party i'd wanna get in on...
    02-13-13 08:51 PM
    Kevin -- your site is both entertaining and informative, or is that informative and entertaining .
    There are some incredibly funny and smart posters here. Some infuriating ones too but they wouldnt be here if this wasnt the place to be.
    Looking forward to the next podcast!
    02-13-13 08:52 PM
    I think this site is the 'Top Gear' of phone forums.

bhrgvr likes this.
    02-13-13 08:54 PM
    Kevin, more regular podcasts even If they are shorter.

Explanation so a child could understand what is happening with BIS/BBM etc

Moderator from the Southern Hemisphere.
    Nailed it nugget.... KM... We need clarity on BIS around the world... So please oblige...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 09:00 PM
87 1234