Can anyone tell me how to use Search Forums?

I tried to search:

Documents to Go,

OS 4.5

It gave me

"The search term you specified (to) has a word under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please remove this short word, or replace it with a longer word.

If this term contains a wildcard (*), please make this term more specific."
    02-16-08 10:17 AM
    I'd have to say, follow the principle, of 'less is more'...

So, I always do a search from the main forum section rather than within a thread. That way you get more choices...

Let me try, hold please...

Edit: Do a search for DocumentsToGo (notice no spaces!). Also, do it from the section 'BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    I just tested it, and it worked...
    I did the same for the OS. Do a search for OS4.5 (again, note, no spaces!)
    Last edited by anon(153966); 02-16-08 at 10:24 AM. Reason: ...added how I did the search.
    02-16-08 10:21 AM
    One of the things that deters a lot of people from getting any results is the use of words that are shorter than 3 letters long. I'll be honest in saying that I think the search tool for the forum is not very good. It's for that reason that I usually use google to search the forums. To do that I enter the search operator "site:forums.crackberry.com" without the quotes of course, and then my keywords. It's always a good idea to leave out common words like "to" and "the". But for example if you are looking for something that is phrase specific such as documents to go, put quotation marks around it like this: "documents to go." This forces google to turn up results with that exact phrase most of the time.
    02-16-08 12:04 PM
    Yeah, I've had this discussion with our Programmer before. The limit used to be a minimum of 4 characters per word in the Search, and then we lowered it to 3. I will have it lowered to 2 or even 1. That should solve the problem lickity split!
    02-16-08 12:30 PM
    Oh Hey, Look at that. It was a simple setting change. Changed it myself. Done. Minimum character length per word being searched is now 1. So you can use A or I in a search.

Let me know how that works. This increases the database size, so let me know if you experience anything adverse because of this change. I think it should be good to go though..but stranger things have happened.
    02-16-08 12:34 PM
    Thanks y'all
    02-16-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD