Good afternoon. I just upgraded from WinMo phones recently. I have been trying to find a way to use the BB browser without any data charges, and it wouldn't work. So I found this great how to:

How to browse internet on Blackberry phone using Wi-Fi without data plan with AT & T | eHow.com

Complete that how-to and then complete the next one:

Blackberry Wifi Help w/o data plan

My bold had two WAP items in the service book FYI.

After that enjoy browsing on the BB browser free of charge as long as you have a Wifi symbol!

Hopefully this is a good first post!

Enjoy!
    10-25-09 06:04 PM
    [B]Thank you[B]

is there a solution like this for the z10 yet?

SAME happenned with my Z10. I was on Wifi 80% of the time in March and I still downloaded 900MB across my 3G? I got a nice R1700 bill surprize too and my Service Provider says they dont know why my data usage went accross my 3G. I have a feeling the z10 has a flaw: Even while on WiFi, all data usage still goes through your 3G (paid) Internet.

1) For now I'll switch off Data when in WiFi spots, however this should NOT be necessary...
    2) I HOPE Blackberry is going to release a system update to fix this or to include a Blackberry system app to help identify Data usage per App and source (ie. BBM, Email, WhatsAPP, Internet, Wheather APP) like Samsung and iPhone ALREADY has (built-into their systems, not a third party App).
    04-04-13 02:07 AM
    Wifi still works in airplane mode. It's a bug, albeit a useful one.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 04:28 AM
    Wifi still works in airplane mode. It's a bug, albeit a useful one.

Posted via CB10
    Defects the purpose of Airplane mode though.
    04-04-13 04:30 AM
    Since you can use wifi on planes, it makes sense that wifi is available in airplane mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:15 AM
    Since you can use wifi on planes, it makes sense that wifi is available in airplane mode.

Posted via CB10
    You're not allowed to use wifi during the takeoff and landing periods. It is a bug, one that I don't mind though. FAA might have a different opinion.
    04-04-13 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD