Hi all, I was wondering if there is a good guide on how to upgrade from my torch 9810 to a z10 (only 1 more day!). I want to keep my contacts, calendar, etc.
    03-21-13 06:07 PM
    Just use the successor to Desktop Manager, eh? I don't recall what it's called, but certainly a search here will give you a lead.
    03-21-13 06:11 PM
    It's called blackberry link.
    There is a guide how to do the transfer here.
    I just backed everything up using BlackBerry Protect and it transferred with my BlackBerry id

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 06:19 PM
    It's called blackberry link.
    There is a guide how to do the transfer here.
    I just backed everything up using BlackBerry Protect and it transferred with my BlackBerry id

Posted via CB10
    You didn't post any link.

Thanks for the bb protect advice, i'll do that
    03-21-13 06:25 PM
    You didn't post any link.

Thanks for the bb protect advice, i'll do that
    BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US

Right there is a link for BlackBerry Link which is Desktop Manager except for BB10 devices
    03-21-13 07:18 PM
    Yes...as above, your going to really enjoy the new device ...enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 07:23 PM
    Also, if you aren't using BlackBerry Protect, set it up and have it make a backup. This should back up contacts and such to your BlackBerry ID.

If you are using an older version of BBM, manually back up your BBM contacts to the email address you use for your BBID.

Another thing. Make sure the email address you use for your BBID is not an @carrier.blackberry.net address. That address will eventually not be supported and will forward to a different email address (only for a year, I think). It's best to go ahead and change it to a different email address instead.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 06:31 AM
    You can use BlackBerry link to accomplish it. Here are 2 Crackberry links containing articles by Adam Zeis that I found extremely helpful when I first got my Z10 after upgrading from my 9800 Torch.

Blackberry Link

How to backup and restore your BlackBerry 10 device with BlackBerry Link
    03-22-13 06:45 AM
    Editing title
    03-22-13 06:49 AM
    To all who are doing a contact transfer there are a few things to note:
    1) transfer from old to new is not perfect. Please take a full back up of your old device and keep the device handy in case you have to repeat the process..
    2) if your contacts are synced with your email account, they will not be transfered using the BlackBerry Link software. The Z10 in theory should be able to get the contacts from that particular account. But it might not happen that way. So again I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a full device backup of your old device.
    3) the BlackBerry Link software can also take an old backup of BlackBerry Os 7 devices and transfer the data to new Z10.
    4) if your contacts are not synced with any email account then the contacts will be transferred when you switch devices, however you have to remember that it takes time, a lot of time for the contacts to start showing up. Don't panic. Leave your device be for some time. You will note its getting unusually warm. That is because it is doing something. Typically if you have a 1000 plus contacts you will need to leave it for a few hours to see all your contacts. I don't know why this happens or what the mechanism for restore is but that's how it is.
    5) you can also transfer contacts over bluetooth from the OS7 device. You can go into contacts and options and send contacts by bluetooth. This is not a 100% as I noticed some contacts did not get sent.
    I have done this for 5 Z10 and just thought I should share my experience.
    I hope this helps. Again backup and backup some more. Don't wipe your old device till you are completely sure that the contacts have been transferred.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 07:11 AM