Hi all,

Have done some searching on the forums regarding this topic. And, while there are several helpful threads, I wanted to ask for a little clarification.

I currently have a Bold 9000. May upgrade soon to a Bold 9900.

I'd like the upgrade/transfer process to be as smooth as possible. It is my understanding that I need to do the following:

1) Activate new phone
    2) Plug in old phone
    3) Open Desktop Manager, and hit "switch device" (likely prompting the backup process of the old phone
    4) When prompted, plug in the new phone and watch the transfer of material

I only care about these transferring: Contacts, Pictures, Messages (email and sms), and Memopad notes.

Will the above process, if followed correctly, ensure all of those things transfer over?

Thanks for reading and for any insight.

Ernie
    03-02-12 06:42 PM
    yes, but the pics are on your memory card
    so just stick the memory card in the new phone and the media will be there
    03-02-12 06:55 PM
    Thanks for that... headed out in less than an hour to pick up my new 9900...
    03-02-12 06:58 PM
    OK, so if I am low on picture storage space on my Bold 9000, will I likely be short on my Bold 9900 if I use the same memory card?

Perhaps a memory card space upgrade is in line with upgrading phones?
    03-02-12 07:08 PM
    There were people having issues using the Device Switch options. I always just select the Restore optiion and load my most recent backup. Never had any issues doing this. Enjoy your new Bold!
    03-02-12 11:39 PM
    I just upgraded today from a 9800 to the 9810. ATT did the transfer of my contacts. I have not put the 9810 on the DM yet to back it up. My question is...is it too late to do the above steps to transfer my MemoPad contents? I should be able to put the new phone plugged into the laptop and the DM should recognize it and add it right? I had to manually do my email, but it all works so far. I also had to re-invite bbm contact. It was weird for a bit when testing it, I could type on bbm using both the 9800 and the 9810 and both were received on my bf phone testing it...lol Oh yeah, I did back up the old phone on the DM before I bought the new one. Thanks ahead of time as I am not very tech savvy
    03-03-12 12:13 AM
    Ahhh....found what I needed on the MemoPad transfer on another post. Thanks again CRACKBERRY forums!
    03-03-12 12:34 AM
    Ahhh....found what I needed on the MemoPad transfer on another post. Thanks again CRACKBERRY forums!
    Can you post the link? Thanks.
    03-03-12 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD