Many of you...well some of you...may remember me from the Forums. (Usually regarding needing help, looking for themes, asking for themes....or giving help). Coming on tomorrow (Jan. 24), it will be my one month anniversary of leaving the BlackBerry world...(and Verizon) to the Windows 7 Phone.

I miss Verizon's phone service. AT&T has pretty good service, but Verizon is just better. Internet wise, there's no comparison. AT&T runs laps around Verizon.

It's been different not being able to talk with you all on BlackBerry issues, but ultimately the Windows 7 Phone was a phone I was looking for for a long time. I love the phone. I got the Samsung Focus, and it's OS is incredibly fast. Granted I miss the things like copy & paste, custom ringtones, and multi-tasking, but according to Microsoft, there will be a "massive" update within the month that will allow that. I do like the wireless sync you can do with Windows and Zune.

Def. a phone I'd reccomend, but I have no problems with the BlackBerry. Ultimately, to me, they're more for the organizational and busy people who like to keep things straight. You can do the same with the Windows 7 phone, but the emails aren't nearly as quick.

Either way, how are things in the BlackBerry world?
    Last edited by Skynyrdfan5; 01-23-11 at 03:32 PM.
    K Bear and devGOD like this.
    01-23-11 03:21 PM
    You found a device that actually fits your needs and doesn't just do them, but rather does them well. You did your research, and made an educated decision. It works for you which is ultimately what is most important.
    01-23-11 03:32 PM
    I'm delighted to read these two sensible posts. To answer your question, I'm still pleased as punch with BlackBerry and my Curve. It's the right choice for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 04:11 PM
    Skynyrdfan,
    It's encouraging to me to hear someone who likes wp7 as it is. I was a long time wm user with t-mo and then verizon. While I love the simplicity my Bold gives me, it is kind of outdated especially in the browser dept. That and the small screen are starting to get to me. I will investigate verizon's offerings in the wp7 dept down the road. Android really seems like a non-option for me the more I see it and try it. The touch screen experience leaves me flat. So if verizon were to come out with a real kb wp7 device I'd be looking at it. My question for you tho is how do you cope with a lesser network coverage wise? The total reason I'm with verizon is I want my phone, whichever one, to work most everywhere. No matter what someones gripe is with AT+T, the bottom line for me is their coverage is lacking. Do you regret your decision at all considering the lesser coverage. I travel backroads alot.
    01-23-11 06:35 PM
    Skynyrdfan,
    It's encouraging to me to hear someone who likes wp7 as it is. I was a long time wm user with t-mo and then verizon. While I love the simplicity my Bold gives me, it is kind of outdated especially in the browser dept. That and the small screen are starting to get to me. I will investigate verizon's offerings in the wp7 dept down the road. Android really seems like a non-option for me the more I see it and try it. The touch screen experience leaves me flat. So if verizon were to come out with a real kb wp7 device I'd be looking at it. My question for you tho is how do you cope with a lesser network coverage wise? The total reason I'm with verizon is I want my phone, whichever one, to work most everywhere. No matter what someones gripe is with AT+T, the bottom line for me is their coverage is lacking. Do you regret your decision at all considering the lesser coverage. I travel backroads alot.
    VZW will be releasing the Windows 7 phone in June of 2011. In regards to your question of coping with a lesser network...I just have to deal with the cards that are dealt. I knew I was going to get slightly less coverage (and strength of coverage) when I left for AT&T, but at the same time, I save $40 a month for the same amount of minutes, txt, and data package. I do miss the instant connectivity on my car bluetooth. Sometimes I need to physically press the dial button on the phone to call.

Do I regret my decision? Yes and no. I regret the lesser coverage I receive, but I don't regret the lower price (save ~$40 a month), the internet speed, and the phone. So it's kind of a 50%-50% split. Will I ever go back to VZW? Probably in 2 years once my contract is up. They may even have a new Windows Phone then! Who knows. Love the phone I'm on now.

I do miss the fact I could call anyone and get connected to them 99% of the time, and now I'm at ~92% connectivity.
    01-23-11 10:12 PM
    You know how it is, if your seen with a BB they have to tell you how your BB sucks. Other than that its great.
    Really? Win7 doesn't have copy and paste? Tbis just blows my mind. It took apple a couple yrs to get copy and paste. I understand that they are planning on adding it but shouldn't have to. I would like to see a windows phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 12:10 AM
    You found the right phone for you, which ultimately turned out to not be a BlackBerry. That's cool, and I'm glad you're on a phone which does everything you need it to, but does it great.

As for me, I'd like to try WP7 (I'd be getting a HTC 7 Pro or HTC 7 Mozart if I did) but I am locked into BlackBerry (because of accessories, not a contract). Ultimately, all my friends have to turn around and tell me my phone sucks, and then blatantly ignore me when I try to say it works for me. The key phrase here is it works for me. I just want more from BlackBerry to make it work better. To close some of the deficiencies in BlackBerry.

As far as my productivity goes, I'd lose a ton of it if I switched platforms. And I don't care what other people say about other phones being able to do it better, BlackBerry Presenter (a key source of my future productivity, I have presentations to do using it) just does not work on anything other than BlackBerry. Therefore no other phone can compare to BlackBerry for me in terms of productivity. (You have to say that to stop the barrage of oh but Android/iPhone does it better)
    01-24-11 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD