I'm a bit of a newbie to Blackberry's and love my new device. However I'm trying to temporarily disable my email when I either a) don't want to be disturbed b) On holidays etc, something that I would have thought would have been a common requirement (and is based on all of the emails on this), but I can't seem to find an optimal solution. My requirement is to not receive any BES email while also not disabling data. Also want the email to be queued so that when I turn it on again, all of the emails that I've missed get pushed. Here's all the things I've tried/thought about
    - Selecting Sound profile (Kills notifications but emails are still received)
    - Disabling the forward on an Email Filter (Causes emails to be blocked and not queued on resume)
    - Disabling send email to handheld in Filters (Causes emails to be blocked and not queued on resume)
    - Deselecting send email to handheld (Causes emails to be blocked and not queued on resume)
    - Using Auto On/Off (Turns the entire phone off. I still want to take calls)
    - Using the firewall to block the BES (Causes emails to be blocked and not queued on resume)
    - Disabling Data (Works but then I can't browse the internet and blocks other IP services)
    - Contact BES admin (Not practical in a company of our size and not practical to do periodically)

Hoping that someone may have a better solutions. Disabling the data gives the best result but introduces the unacceptable side effect of killing all my other IP apps.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
    11-26-10 07:11 AM
    I'm a bit of a newbie to Blackberry's and love my new device. However I'm trying to temporarily disable my email when I either a) don't want to be disturbed b) On holidays etc, something that I would have thought would have been a common requirement (and is based on all of the emails on this), but I can't seem to find an optimal solution. My requirement is to not receive any BES email while also not disabling data. Also want the email to be queued so that when I turn it on again, all of the emails that I've missed get pushed. Here's all the things I've tried/thought about
    - Selecting Sound profile (Kills notifications but emails are still received)
    - Disabling the forward on an Email Filter (Causes emails to be blocked and not queued on resume)
    - Disabling send email to handheld in Filters (Causes emails to be blocked and not queued on resume)
    - Deselecting send email to handheld (Causes emails to be blocked and not queued on resume)
    - Using Auto On/Off (Turns the entire phone off. I still want to take calls)
    - Using the firewall to block the BES (Causes emails to be blocked and not queued on resume)
    - Disabling Data (Works but then I can't browse the internet and blocks other IP services)
    - Contact BES admin (Not practical in a company of our size and not practical to do periodically)

Hoping that someone may have a better solutions. Disabling the data gives the best result but introduces the unacceptable side effect of killing all my other IP apps.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
    Umm.... I'm not sure if you can, but before I try what device do you have?
    11-26-10 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD