I know this is posted somewhere but I can't find it...

How do you tell if your BB is unlocked? Is it...

Options; Advanced Options; SIM; BB button and if the top of the screen says "Security Disabled" the phone is indeed unlocked? Is this the difinitive answer?

I only ask because I checked my T-Mo 9700 and that is indeed what the SIM says and I never unlocked it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 09:09 PM
    To verify your phone is unlocked, go to Options / Advanced Options / SIM Card. Type the letters MEPD. They won't be shown on the screen. If Network is Active, the phone is not unlocked. If Network is Disabled, the phone is unlocked.
    06-05-10 09:10 PM
    what if your phone is a pearl 8130 without sim card? how do you tell?
    06-06-10 02:26 AM
    I'm Sprint/Nextel, which is CDMA, and mine shows "Unknown" to EVERYTHING!

Network,service provider,etc....guess it doesn't matter since it's not GSM

PM1

06-06-10 06:33 AM
    what if your phone is a pearl 8130 without sim card? how do you tell?
    An 8130 is a CDMA phone. CDMA phones can't be unlocked in the same way a GSM phone can. To use a CDMA phone on another carrier's network, the carrier has to agree to activate it on their network. Sprint and Verizon as a general rule will not activate each others phones, but some of the smaller regional CDMA carriers might.
    06-06-10 07:26 AM
    When I go into my options and SIM all I see is security disabled then it list a sim number and a sim phone number. Does that mean that it is already unlocked?
    06-08-10 04:15 PM
    what if it says unknown?? what does that mean
    06-08-10 04:17 PM
    When I go into my options and SIM all I see is security disabled then it list a sim number and a sim phone number. Does that mean that it is already unlocked?
    Type MEPD at that screen. You won't see the characters as you type. If Network says Active, the phone is locked and if it says Disabled then the phone is unlocked...

06-08-10 04:21 PM
    what if it says unknown?? what does that mean
    Is yours a CDMA phone? If so, that's the reason why it says Unknown. Please read previous posts for more info...

06-08-10 04:24 PM
    Is yours a CDMA phone? If so, that's the reason why it says Unknown. Please read previous posts for more info...

no im on iden i have the 8350i i was just cheking
    06-08-10 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD