my girlfriend gave me a new phone from verizon a black berry curve and ive been trying to transfer my old cell number(verizon phone as well) into the black berry but all i get is the previous owner phone number i called the company to see if they could transfer my number into the blackberry but they couldnt they said that the phone is still under the previous owner and that they cannot switch the numbers until the previous owner decides to cancel his number from the blackberry is there any way that i can still program the phone without having the previous owner involved?
    11-10-11 12:04 AM
    I'm assuming you got the phone used obviously, but you have to call the previous owner and have them take it off their account. If you can just return the phone and get a different one.
    11-10-11 12:22 AM
    If the previous owner sold or gave the phone to you then no problem, have him call up and cancel that account and you're good to go.
    11-10-11 06:53 AM
    You also need to involve the previous owner to make sure the phone isn't stolen. Your GF may have given it to you and not known it was stolen.
    11-10-11 08:50 AM
    Previous owner needs to call the carrier and close the acct. And have the pin# disassociated with the account. After that is done they will gladly give you a number to call to have your phone number ported into the bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 11-10-11 at 10:58 AM.
    11-10-11 10:56 AM
    You can do as albee suggested or just return it for another one unless she did not buy it from VZW and somewhere else as you said she got it from VZW or did you just mean she bought it and it is VZW branded but used?

Until the ESN, the PIN and the old user of the phone is diassociated from it you are not going to be able to do anything.
    11-10-11 07:02 PM
    If your Blackberry mobile phone is unlocked and it's a GSM supported device with a SIM slot you can use the GSM SIM cards which included with the phone number set on the SIM card.

To change the phone number of the CDMA Verizon line you can dial ##000000 and edit the old number on the CDMA settings screen.
    11-11-11 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD