I got a new Torch, switched devices in DM, and used the DM function to delete old data. I still had to manually delete some of my apps, but it looks wiped (back to the old Verizon grey screen, back to the Verizon icons I had gotten rid of) and won't connect to the network anymore.

Is there anything else I need to do to be safe before I sell or donate this phone off? This is the first time I've moved off a BB so I may have overlooked something. It's a Curve 8330.

I can't sell it here yet because I'm not up to 100 posts... I'm putting it on Craigslist first.
    03-16-11 01:53 PM
    You should do a security wipe, using either BBSAK, or the device itself. Trying to think where it is on the old software, Options, Advanced, Memory maybe, then press BB and select Security Wipe.
    03-16-11 02:10 PM
    Thanks, I'll look for that. This phone was never able to upgrade past OS 4.5 so that's really thinking back...
    03-16-11 02:14 PM
    It's Options, Security Options, General Settings, ^Menu and select Wipe Handheld.

Dial ##000000 +SEND to get to the CDMA service edit screen and delete any references to your phone number.

Also, don't forget to remove your microSD card if it has one.
    pkcable and fotyc like this.
    03-16-11 02:32 PM
    It's Options, Security Options, General Settings, ^Menu and select Wipe Handheld.

Dial ##000000 +SEND to get to the CDMA service edit screen and delete any references to your phone number.

THANKS! I'm on 6.0 and it's a bit different now! Another good method of course is a BBSAK wipe.
    03-16-11 02:57 PM
    Don't forget to call the carrier, and have the PIN released so that the purchaser will be able to activate it.
    03-16-11 03:14 PM

Thanks! This is very helpful!
    03-16-11 04:11 PM
    Don't forget to call the carrier, and have the PIN released so that the purchaser will be able to activate it.
    I did this, and they said that because the phone number was transferred to another carrier and my account was deactivated, the PIN was already released and the person who gets the phone can just call and provide the identifying numbers when they want to activate the phone. So now I have done all these things and I'm confident the phone is clean!
    03-16-11 04:29 PM
    If you see error 507 after wipe, then it's truely wiped
    03-16-11 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD