I have one account setup for my 8830 which apparently is generating what I would call a "send me back a read confirmation" receipt.

Is this a bis setting or something on my account? I generally don't use that account but don't recall setting it up to ask or such a receipt. So far none of my other accounts generates this.

I don't want that receipt and certainly don't need to clutter my BB with a useless extra message.

Thanks in advance
    04-20-08 10:38 AM
    Messages>Options>Email Settings>Confirm Read change to No
    04-20-08 11:04 AM
    Thanks...

BUT now that raised another question

When I go to that setting, I see the same email address or what it labels "Message services" listed for all of my other email address.

In other words, I went to [email protected] and did the options - and I see:
    "[email protected]"

and similarly, when I go to [email protected], I still see

"[email protected]"

and the same for other email setups on the BB.

What's with that?

Playing, I changed that [email protected] to [email protected] and now they all show that????

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by F2; 04-20-08 at 11:38 AM.
    04-20-08 11:33 AM
    Yes you have to update each mail account to reflect that.
    04-20-08 12:05 PM
    Same problem here. I have 4 email accounts on my BB. If I change the "email reconciliation" to one account, it makes that change for all the other three. Is it not possible to have each account with it's own proper one?

Thanks...

BUT now that raised another question

When I go to that setting, I see the same email address or what it labels "Message services" listed for all of my other email address.

In other words, I went to [email protected] and did the options - and I see:
    "[email protected]"

and similarly, when I go to [email protected], I still see

"[email protected]"

and the same for other email setups on the BB.

What's with that?

Playing, I changed that [email protected] to [email protected] and now they all show that????

Thanks in advance
    04-20-08 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD