Hello CrackBerry Faithful!!

Some of you who are newer to the community may not know me. I've been in "CrackBerry retirement" the past couple of years, handing over the editorial reigns to Bla1ze (though I've always been nearby and have been watching what you all are up to in here!). For those who have been around a long time, I'm sure you'll be familiar with the name.

As a way of re-introduction, my name is Kevin Michaluk, aka CrackBerry Kevin, and TEN years ago I founded CrackBerry.com along with a couple of close friends and colleagues (read the original Crack Team Story). While we started working on the site in 2006, it was February 26th, 2007 when we officially declared CrackBerry.com open for business!

TEN YEARS is a HUGE milestone and I want to make sure we celebrate 10 Years of CrackBerry this February in true CrackBerry fashion. To me, that means bringing back the same crazy energy we had in our early years, both here in the community and on our homepage editorial content.

Earlier this year in Las Vegas at CES I had a chance to play with the new BlackBerry 'Mercury', and I tell ya, picking it up it brought back the same warm and fuzzy feelings I used to get when I would pick up new BB's like the BlackBerry Curve or BlackBerry Bold for the first time.

Somehow I feel like it's a bit of fate that CrackBerry's 10th anniversary is lining up with the launch of the BlackBerry 'Mercury'. In the good 'ole days of CrackBerry, the best times on the site were always in the lead up to the launch of a new phone. And the Mercury very much feels like a throw back device, aimed at BlackBerry Fans Past and Present. I think it's a phone worth getting really excited for. I even think it's a phone that a lot of former BlackBerry fans may find there way to as well. There's a nostalgia factor to it that I just love.

Put it all together and I've been giving a lot of thought as to what we can do on CrackBerry next month to mark our 10th anniversary and make it an event we'll remember for ten more years to come. I have a BUNCH of ideas (CrackBerry reunion podcasts, lots of community giveaways, revealing some never before heard insane CrackBerry stories from the years gone bye, etc.), but I want to hear YOUR IDEAS. After all, CrackBerry would be nothing without its passionate community supporting it all these years. I want to make sure this is a celebration you will all enjoy. In my active years on CrackBerry, I always considered myself a representative for the community and took that role seriously, even as I got to do a lot of cool things that occasionally put myself personally in the limelight. There would never have been a CrackBerry Kevin without the CrackBerry Community (heck, it was a community member who nicknamed me!).

So let me know below what would make CrackBerry's 10 Anniversary memorable for you! February is approaching fast and I'd like us to have enough ideas in the hopper to make it a party around here ALL MONTH LONG.
    Ecm, Bla1ze, gebco and 11 others like this.
    01-21-17 06:04 PM
    Mercurys for all the mods?
    01-21-17 06:07 PM
    More podcasts with the original group. Mercury's for all of us that post in this thread?
    Carjackd and anthony poll like this.
    01-21-17 06:11 PM
    I dunno, but if there's no cake involved, I will be sad. It's not a party if there's no cake.
    01-21-17 06:13 PM
    CB polos for all posted here ������
    freeyo, zephyr613 and Carjackd like this.
    01-21-17 06:14 PM
    Hey Kevin, some of us still like to live in the past and our devices we still use show it

I don't know, how about having a draw for a couple of unlocked Mercuries or something like that?

I think the "fire" is still here, at least with those of us who respect the brand still and love to use them.....

PS, still like to watch your 10 minute 9900 unboxing video from 2011 every month or so. Good times...

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    01-21-17 06:21 PM
    Free worldwide beeraway (that is, a beer giveaway) and a Mercury destroying videotest.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    01-21-17 06:22 PM
    So you're the one who's been driving the views on the CrackBerry channel of those old videos still. You sir, are amazing! 9900 was/is a Pimp phone! Hmmm... will have to put "new videos" on the to do list for next month!

Hey Kevin, some of us still like to live in the past and our devices we still use show it

PS, still like to watch your 10 minute 9900 unboxing video from 2011 every month or so. Good times...

the brother and anon(8063781) like this.
    01-21-17 06:27 PM
    If only we still had your enthusiasm on this site. Those were the days.

"Kevin out".

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    01-21-17 06:32 PM
    Kevin,
    Draws for accessories, or mercury. Share some of the old days. BlackBerry forever. I love CrackBerry, been here a long time. Some new excitement will be cracking great.
    01-21-17 06:34 PM
    I would like to see a video of the BlackBerry history but told by the Crackberry team, but something funny nothing too serious.

And of course a Mercury giveaway
    01-21-17 06:34 PM
    Doesn't or didn't CrackBerry sell t-shirts? What about a logo or slogan contest that brings back the old excitement and combines it with the new BlackBerry? Heck, we could do part of TCL/ BlackBerry promotion campaign for them.
    There are lots of creative people on these forums.
    01-21-17 06:36 PM
    Well sh!t, in that case, consider it "Kevin IN!". Going to have to bring CBK out of retirement for Anniversary month and the launch of the Mercury. Am sure there'll be a few CBK detractors out there, but that's OK. CrackBerry Kevin has enough enthusiasm for all!!!!

If only we still had your enthusiasm on this site. Those were the days.

"Kevin out".

01-21-17 06:37 PM
    Hey Kev! Good to see you dropping by! How about a podcast and it can include a lucky CB member to join in as well as special guests from the past 10 years. A few Mercury giveaways and a BlackBerry CB orange and black cake for Chris

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    01-21-17 06:37 PM
    Hello CrackBerry Faithful!!

Some of you who are newer to the community may not know me. I've been in "CrackBerry retirement" the past couple of years, handing over the editorial reigns to Bla1ze (though I've always been nearby and have been watching what you all are up to in here!). For those who have been around a long time, I'm sure you'll be familiar with the name.

As a way of re-introduction, my name is Kevin Michaluk, aka CrackBerry Kevin, and TEN years ago I founded CrackBerry.com along with a couple of close friends and colleagues (read the original Crack Team Story). While we started working on the site in 2006, it was February 26th, 2007 when we officially declared CrackBerry.com open for business!

TEN YEARS is a HUGE milestone and I want to make sure we celebrate 10 Years of CrackBerry this February in true CrackBerry fashion. To me, that means bringing back the same crazy energy we had in our early years, both here in the community and on our homepage editorial content.

Earlier this year in Las Vegas at CES I had a chance to play with the new BlackBerry 'Mercury', and I tell ya, picking it up it brought back the same warm and fuzzy feelings I used to get when I would pick up new BB's like the BlackBerry Curve or BlackBerry Bold for the first time.

Somehow I feel like it's a bit of fate that CrackBerry's 10th anniversary is lining up with the launch of the BlackBerry 'Mercury'. In the good 'ole days of CrackBerry, the best times on the site were always in the lead up to the launch of a new phone. And the Mercury very much feels like a throw back device, aimed at BlackBerry Fans Past and Present. I think it's a phone worth getting really excited for. I even think it's a phone that a lot of former BlackBerry fans may find there way to as well. There's a nostalgia factor to it that I just love.

Put it all together and I've been giving a lot of thought as to what we can do on CrackBerry next month to mark our 10th anniversary and make it an event we'll remember for ten more years to come. I have a BUNCH of ideas (CrackBerry reunion podcasts, lots of community giveaways, revealing some never before heard insane CrackBerry stories from the years gone bye, etc.), but I want to hear YOUR IDEAS. After all, CrackBerry would be nothing without its passionate community supporting it all these years. I want to make sure this is a celebration you will all enjoy. In my active years on CrackBerry, I always considered myself a representative for the community and took that role seriously, even as I got to do a lot of cool things that occasionally put myself personally in the limelight. There would never have been a CrackBerry Kevin without the CrackBerry Community (heck, it was a community member who nicknamed me!).

So let me know below what would make CrackBerry's 10 Anniversary memorable for you! February is approaching fast and I'd like us to have enough ideas in the hopper to make it a party around here ALL MONTH LONG.
    WB Kevin!
    Let's go Oprah style.....
    DTEK60 for you. DTEK50 for you. PRIV for you....... and a DTEK60 for me
    01-21-17 06:38 PM
    I vote for a "CrackBerry Top 10" segment. It should be about the top 10 moments in CrackBerry history. A mix of "hands in first", BlackBerry news, etc.
    01-21-17 06:38 PM
    you forgot the candy bar in the photo.... the very 1st "smart phone" with double typing not by mistake ;-)
    01-21-17 06:50 PM
    Interviews with past and present CB staff, writers, and moderators - having them discuss what CB and BB meant to them, the first time they discovered CB, and what their hopes are for the future, anecdotes, funny stories, etc. (whatever other questions you might want to ask). Can include devs too.
    01-21-17 06:51 PM
    Well sh!t, in that case, consider it "Kevin IN!". Going to have to bring CBK out of retirement for Anniversary month and the launch of the Mercury. Am sure there'll be a few CBK detractors out there, but that's OK. CrackBerry Kevin has enough enthusiasm for all!!!!
    That will be celebration in itself. Go for it Kevin.

01-21-17 07:00 PM
    So you're the one who's been driving the views on the CrackBerry channel of those old videos still. You sir, are amazing! 9900 was/is a Pimp phone! Hmmm... will have to put "new videos" on the to do list for next month!
    Haha no there are a bunch of us, just check the 99 forum

Yup totally!

anon(8063781) likes this.
    01-21-17 07:04 PM
    How should we celebrate CrackBerry's 10th anniversary next month?!!-_dsc0053.jpgobviously giveaways would be cool. Video chat with all the old team, maybe a big cake in the shape of a Blackberry Device.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    01-21-17 07:09 PM
    CBK unboxing at launch!!
    01-21-17 07:13 PM
    Haha no there are a bunch of us, just check the 99 forum

Yup totally!

I'll be honest. I use a one plus 3t now but I still watch the old crackberry device videos. I still love crackberry and the mercury looks awesome. I watched an old playbook and bold 9700 vid recently. They're so fun to watch because of the enthusiasm and how exciting it was when they were released.
    01-21-17 07:13 PM
    I'll be honest. I use a one plus 3t now but I still watch the old crackberry device videos. I still love crackberry and the mercury looks awesome. I watched an old playbook and bold 9700 vid recently. They're so fun to watch because of the enthusiasm and how exciting it was when they were released.
    Yeah for the first time I watched the mercury video, they're starting to be quite a few reviews on them all over YouTube now but I would actually use it if I won one .

I miss my 9780 but the 9900 is just like it but much faster and sleeker.
    01-21-17 07:28 PM
    Glad to see our fearless founder excited about the Mercury and CB's 10th anniversary!

Maybe you should throw a party. Like an actual party. In Waterloo, even.

Invite a bunch of BlackBerry and CrackBerry fans and friends - past contributors, etc. Heck, invite Mike and Jim.

Throw a real live bash and live stream it with interactive opportunities for viewers around the world.

Give away "door prizes" to the virtual participants.

Have a real cake for Bla1ze to eat.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-21-17 07:40 PM
162 123 ...