01-13-11 01:46 AM
130 ... 456
tools
    Amen dave and a well said statement comback to what I was getting at. You read what i wrote and got out of it exactly what I was trying to say.

I just hope that everyone realizes that it takes years of research and development for any company to put a future device on paper and bring it to life. It is very evident that the companies and devices US the buying public are not purchaing, asking for and getting have started a long time ago and RIM has not.

I love my Tour and it has been flawless but like many of you it is time to move to a new platform.

It is truly a shame on RIMs part that it will take them a good 5 years to try and bounce back. The day of the business man strapping on a BB to his hip to conduct business is over.

Even at the least in the hands of the right businessman the iphone with the right apps will give him what he needs to conduct business and have some fun atthe same time. Throw Android in the mox and all I can say is shame on you RIM for waiting on your laurels and past Rep. to get you by.

Thank you dave for the comment.
    Speaking of flawless, today I had to remove the batteries from both my phone and my wife's. Her issue was her BT wouldn't work, even though it was paired and active. My phone stopped taking number input when on a phone call, so I couldn't choose phone-tree options. I HATE having those niggling issues when I'm on a call. I want a cell phone that performs it's CORE FUNCTION properly, day in and day out. I don't want to wonder each time I make a call whether or not I'll be able to get through the call without a glitch.
    01-12-11 09:07 PM
    When I myself use the word flawless in terms of overall problems I have not had with my phone since I have owned it agin approaching the 2 year mark as opposed to the many problems that plague many others I do however have issues with the terrible memory leaks whether from apps or whatever is causing it to where today looking at Meterberry I had a 7.5mb loss and had to reboot. This is standard for me and even higher at least twice a week. Couple this with recouping by a long waited out reboot and it is frustrating and then the battery drain caused by the reboot so i have had some issues and these I am not longer willing to tolerate. Just can't have March get here soon enough for me.
    01-12-11 09:22 PM
    When I myself use the word flawless in terms of overall problems I have not had with my phone since I have owned it agin approaching the 2 year mark as opposed to the many problems that plague many others I do however have issues with the terrible memory leaks whether from apps or whatever is causing it to where today looking at Meterberry I had a 7.5mb loss and had to reboot. This is standard for me and even higher at least twice a week. Couple this with recouping by a long waited out reboot and it is frustrating and then the battery drain caused by the reboot so i have had some issues and these I am not longer willing to tolerate. Just can't have March get here soon enough for me.
    You can say that again!
    01-12-11 09:34 PM
    You can say that again!
    Just can't have March get here soon enough for me. LOL
    01-12-11 09:37 PM
    I personally don't see the point of all of these features... My $700 brand new laptop has about 2Ghz dual core processor, and it never needs more (other than doing ripping/converting), so why would I need triple the processor speed on my phone? I have a friend who's a semi-pro photographer, and his camera is a 12MP... even the 3.2MP on the 9700 looks perfectly fine when you blow it up on a 40"ish display, so why would you need 15MP on something other than a high-quality camera designed for blowing things up on building-sized screens? Finally, on my old laptop that died a month or so ago, and I'd had it for about 2 years, I used around 100GB, including stuff I didn't care about but didn't bother to delete. Why do you need 2.5 times that on your phone?!?!?
    To counter your final point, if you can honestly make a phone that has that large of a processor, a screen, a size less than that of an ordinary laptop, and more than a day's battery life, then you are pretty much a miracle maker...

These specs will likely be needed, but looking at what we've been living with for the past few years, I think that by that time QNX will be as old and outdated as the current bb os is now, if not older...
    Right over your head. It was a joke.

I'm saddened you missed it, too. The 256GB on-board storage part is lulz-worthy!

I'm thoroughly convinced part of the reason the App World sucks to much is cause developers see RIM phones really don't give users much space to install that many apps.

It sucks to lose out on sales because someone is low on space and doesn't want to uninstall any of their other apps.

256/512 storage is not enough for app-savvy users especially when a LOT of those apps take up 5-10MB space and the base OS, stock apps, etc. go there as well.
    Last edited by N8ter; 01-13-11 at 01:51 AM.
    01-13-11 01:46 AM
130 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD