Okay, so I was wondering if there were any benefits to accessing your Gmail account through the Blackberry's setup wizard, over using the Gmail application. Is one more efficient than the other, or is it just a preference of the program you want to use?
    01-06-10 05:32 PM
    i like to use the BIS one. arrives in my mailbox before my browser updates wiht the new mail.

gmail app is good too but it's just another program running in the background with ~20min wait time for mail.
    01-06-10 05:39 PM
    using the bis email is a ton faster as toyceli said its push email which is what a berry is designed for
    01-06-10 05:41 PM
    I like using the GMail app since it is my work issued BB. This keeps my personal stuff (kinda) separated from work stuff. It may not push, but a refresh brings it up to date pretty quickly. Combined with the GVoice app, I can handle a lot of my personal stuff without carrying 2 phones and getting stuff co-mingled with work. If my work situation goes south and I have to give the BB back, a security wipe will remove all my stuff.
    01-06-10 06:07 PM
    I use the gmail app a lot, but I don't like how buggy it is that sometimes it doesn't fetch my mail when I refresh the page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 06:52 PM
    I prefer accessing gmail through BIS/Messages rather than the gmail app because it is instantaneous.

However, I hate how deleting messages from gmail on my computer fails to delete the messages on my BB. I think the gmail plugin is supposed to somewhat fix that, but I've never been patient enough to see the messages delete on my phone.
    01-06-10 07:02 PM
    I'll throw in a vote for using the messaging application (with the gmail plugin). Having tried both extensively I've generally found it works better for me. However, if you use labels extensively you may actually prefer the Gmail app instead.
    01-06-10 11:10 PM
    I use both. The BIS is faster and used for active emails. I turn off the Gmail app notification and use it to view archived emails I deleted from my phone but not in my inbox.
    01-06-10 11:25 PM
    I use both. The BIS is faster and used for active emails. I turn off the Gmail app notification and use it to view archived emails I deleted from my phone but not in my inbox.
    I agree with rts.... I use both. BIS is instant, but the ability to check folders on Gmail via the app is geat.
    01-07-10 12:30 AM
    i like to use the BIS one. arrives in my mailbox before my browser updates wiht the new mail.

gmail app is good too but it's just another program running in the background with ~20min wait time for mail.
    this is the perfect reason for using BIS and not the Gmail plugin.
    01-07-10 12:40 AM
    The Gmail app is nice, but I prefer the BIS. It's faster and uses far less memory.
    01-07-10 12:41 AM
    my gmail works using the BIS but cannot receive or send mail using app sent mail just sits in outbox
    08-08-11 04:14 PM
    i just got into blackberry and honestly, i dont feel its very gmail friendly at all... a lot of work arounds and what not...
    08-08-11 04:17 PM
    I agree with rts.... I use both. BIS is instant, but the ability to check folders on Gmail via the app is geat.
    You can check folders via bis too, you don't need the gmail app. Just go into the gmail inbox, press menu/select filter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD