Hi, Total Blackberry novice here who was spoiled by the whole Palm personal organizer approach years ago where one could enter Address Book + notes data right on your PC or laptop and then synchronize it with the PDA. Beautiful, simple, quick. With my BB, I find all the data goes to a .IPD file that I cannot open up on my PC and view on the screen, nor alter, nor add to with new names, as above, and then simply save back to the BB. What a pain in the rear end. Query please
    1) is there a simple way to view and modify the IPD data on my PC?
    2) does RIM consider the singular way of adding data by the BB keypad the elegant solution here?
    Thanks, Techphobedude
    08-28-10 12:29 PM
    I use Microsoft Outlook to sync my address book and other organizer data. You can use that to enter contacts and data via your PC and then sync back to your BB.
    08-28-10 01:28 PM
    You also can use ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter to view and convert .IPD files.
    08-28-10 01:33 PM
    Hi, Total Blackberry novice here who was spoiled by the whole Palm personal organizer approach years ago where one could enter Address Book + notes data right on your PC or laptop and then synchronize it with the PDA. Beautiful, simple, quick. With my BB, I find all the data goes to a .IPD file that I cannot open up on my PC and view on the screen, nor alter, nor add to with new names, as above, and then simply save back to the BB. What a pain in the rear end. Query please
    1) is there a simple way to view and modify the IPD data on my PC?
    2) does RIM consider the singular way of adding data by the BB keypad the elegant solution here?
    Thanks, Techphobedude
    Welcome to Crackberry.

The main reason I ditched my Palm was because of that awful piece of software that they dished out with it.

Using the BlackBerry and it's ability to Backup to an ipd file and to syn with Outlook was, for me a far better solution.

Try syncing to Outlook. You get all your personal data, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, all in sync on the BlackBerry and on your PC. You can also sync to Google and to Yahoo but Outlook works best.

As to the ipd file, this is a RIM specific file that cannot be opened on a PC. HOWEVER if you use
    Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD and BBB files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor, forensic tool ipd file converter $19.95 (it has a tiral mode), then you can open up this file and look at the contents.
    08-28-10 01:37 PM
    Still being a new BB person & pretty basic when it comes to computer stuff...I needed a way to look at my text messages that had been deleted from my phone, but still saved during a back-up (thank goodness). I had a boss who was "milking the system" and was trying to throw me under the bus!

The only thing I could find (and quite easy to use) was ABC Amber Blackberry converter. You can download a free trial. I cannot find anywhere to purchase this software - cuz it would be worth the $20! With the free download, you can only do 10 texts at a time. It works, just really, really time consuming!

If anybody knows of some similar (and easy to use) software for converting IPD to something readible (XLS for example)....do tell.

Never under-estimate the power of digital/electronic technology....big brother is somehow always watching!
    11-08-10 09:05 AM
    You also can use ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter to view and convert .IPD files.
    Good call, I use ABC as well. Very nice application!
    11-08-10 01:46 PM
    is somebody can help me to buy this software please.
    11-15-10 04:57 AM
    I am also looking to buy this programme. Can anyone tell me where to find it because their website doesn't allow it?

DJ
    11-15-10 09:08 AM
    Read post #4
    11-15-10 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD