cant see farsi/arabic notes on my emails all i see are black squares
    07-11-09 05:53 PM
    Language support is built into the OS software package, but it varies by region.

The language package that contains Arabic is the European Language package and is supported by most GSM carriers doing business in the region.

You carrier does not include it because they only service North America where the languages choices are: English, Spanish, French and Brazilian Portuguese.

07-11-09 07:31 PM
    Language support is built into the OS software package, but it varies by region.

The language package that contains Arabic is the European Language package and is supported by most GSM carriers doing business in the region.

You carrier does not include it because they only service North America where the languages choices are: English, Spanish, French and Brazilian Portuguese.

Is it possible that if someone was to download a different OS to that contains other language to their PC that the languages might show up in the app loader without having to do an OS upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 07:55 PM
    I have an American purchased BB 8530 from Sprint, and I have it typing and reading Arabic. It is sort of a hybrid. I used COD files from the Arabic Speaking World's OS and incorporated them into the java folder of my OS before upgrading my OS. It will then allow you to type Arabic and also read it.
    My OS is .645
    This will work on all OS versions
    06-30-10 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD