As we have learned today Google is dropping Gmail application for Blackberries as of November 22/2011. Although this app is not the greatest one some find it useful. As Google will cut future downloads of this app is there a way to save the installation file on the phone or even better on the computer in case re-installation might be needed?
    11-09-11 03:09 AM
    Follow this procedure described in this thread...
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry

When you get to the last part of the back up process and you place the file on your desktop or within the folder that you designate, just rename that file to something different. I suggest something descriptive like...PIN#-Google Mail v.2.0.7.

When the time comes when you want to follow the restore process described in that same link, just navigate back to that same "renamed" file, and add it to DTM and click on the check mark box for that application.

HTH
    11-09-11 04:24 AM
    I use BBSAK to back up the COD of all third party applications after I install them.
    11-09-11 09:33 AM
    Ok guys. I will try to make artificial OTA links for every device. Can people post all cods and jads here in a zip so we can save Gmail!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start now!!!!!! \/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD