Since app world is using paypal, how safe is it? Would you suffest linking it to a credit card?

Thanks
    04-01-09 11:08 AM
    I have been using PayPal for years and have never had a single
    issue from a safety or security standpoint. And on two occassions
    PayPal helped me resolve purchase issues. You'll be fine.
    04-01-09 11:16 AM
    have been using paypal for longer than I can remember and have never had an issue. Like a previous poster said, they have helped me with a couple issues.
    04-01-09 11:20 AM
    I have been using PayPal for years and have never had a single
    issue from a safety or security standpoint. And on two occassions
    PayPal helped me resolve purchase issues. You'll be fine.
    Did you set it up to your credit card?
    04-01-09 11:20 AM
    Yeah i have been using it for 8 years now and its been great. came in really handy sometimes having an account.
    04-01-09 11:21 AM
    PayPal is part of the eBay, a publicaly traded company listed on NASDAQ.

PayPal is widely used and most users are completely satisfied with the service. The service is free, PayPal makes money by imposing time delays in the transaction.

The reported problems are usually a consequence of service issues. If the party making the purchase files a complaint, PayPal will lock down the account until it has been resolved.

Still, most sellers will accept the rules for the convenience of electronic payment.

The other issue, PayPal is an obvious target for thieves. Direct access to money is the temptation.

Funding your PayPal through a credit card gives one more level of consumer protection, a wise precaution.
    04-01-09 11:25 AM
    I have used paypal for many years. I have two of my credit cards and my bank account linked to it. I mainly use it for ebay. But now I have something else to use it for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 11:25 AM

Funding your PayPal through a credit card gives one more level of consumer protection, a wise precaution.
    Thanks Reed..
    04-01-09 11:27 AM
    I have been using paypal for years and have sent and rcvd money with it 100s of times I love it

04-01-09 11:35 AM
    Sign up Vortec, its safe. Been with them for years, rarely use it but never a problem when I do. I have always had my CC on my profile and its all good.
    04-01-09 11:37 AM
    I've been using paypal with ebay for several years. I have not had any problems. Go for it!

04-01-09 12:24 PM
    I've used paypal for years and never had any problems with the system (shady ebay buyers/sellers yes, but not paypal)

I only pay by credit card though just incase so if needed I can dispute the charge though the credit card company
    04-01-09 12:26 PM
    Depends on what you mean by safe.

They store your passwords in clear text... very very bad.
    makes me wonder about what other information is stored in the clear on their systems.

Being part of eBay I imagine they protect their systems well, honor damages caused by their lack of security,and adhere to PCI DSS Compliance which should provide for some layers of protection(or at least providing adequate intrusion detection and response) - then again so did TJ Maxx before they were victim of one of the largest hacks in recent history

That being said, I use them but use a different password, carefully watch my credit card, etc - mitigates the risk a little.
    04-01-09 12:39 PM
    I prefer paypal above any other means of payment. Perfectly safe.
    04-01-09 12:59 PM
    Thanks all......................
    04-01-09 01:07 PM
    Did you set it up to your credit card?
    Yes, set up with my credit card and have their paypal buyer credit which adds another layer of protection. (Not sure why they let me have it since I pay it off right after every purchase and they don't make any interest off me )
    04-01-09 02:07 PM
    Paypal is very safe...I have it set up to my debit card.
    04-01-09 02:12 PM
    I've used paypal for a long time with no problems at all. I have credit card info in there and I feel it is absolutely safe.
    04-01-09 02:17 PM
    Paypal is the most reliable financing company I have ever used. It places a heavy importance on security. I use it for most web transactions, except when using Amazon, which I trust just as much. I was skeptical about it before I gave it my information, too.

04-01-09 02:25 PM
    Ive never had any sort of problem with it been using it for years
    04-01-09 02:26 PM
    I signed up for the CC option... Is there a max that paypal gives a new user? OR is it the same as the credit card limit?

Thanks
    04-01-09 04:28 PM
    Would pay pal work with one of those credit card that your purchased and ad money to it,like visa or master card?.

Thanks
    04-01-09 05:53 PM
    No problems. Using it for personal and business transactions
    04-02-09 03:46 PM
    i've been using Paypal since 2003 and never had a problem with it... in fact i had back in the time a issue with a seller that didnt delivery the package and paypal refund me my money in 45 days.

Rulz.-
    04-02-09 04:56 PM
    Paypal has been totally safe to me for 5 years.

04-02-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD