hello, i just need to know how to get spyware off my phone. i believe that my psycho ex husband has put something on my phone. i have a blackberry curve. i believe it might be that flexispy. i am almost positive about this. can mms messages and pictures secretly be forwarded to someone else? perhaps a paid off alltel employee could have set this up? a few months ago, my ex paid off an alltel employee to secretly give out my cell phone bills. alltel investigator claims to have investigated this but the employee lied. the weird thing has to do with my mms. for some reason, any picture i send or receive from anybody except my boyfriend works and i receive them if my boyfriend sends an mms, i do not get it. he does not get mine. we both use alltel and have blackberry curve! if anyone knows anything about spyware or removal, or the weird mms stuff, please let me know. thanks
    03-01-09 09:42 PM
    It does look like that software CAN do that. It's very expensive, you sure he would pay that much just to spy on you and your boyfriend? Most of us (I'm a guy) are WAY too cheap for that.

Anyways you could try wiping your phone and then reloading the OS. To be safe I would NOT reload a backup cause that might put it back on. After you do the wipe and reload you should manually register your device with the network and then resend your service books.

Step 1 Register with the Network
    Options>Advanced>Host Routing, then press the BB button and select Register Device.

Step 2 Send Service Books
    Open the Step Up Folder, then Email Set Up, then Log in, then Press the BB button and select Service Books, then Send Service Books.

You will lose all your emails, Texts, and contacts, BUT the flexispy should be gone. Again are you SURE you are not just being paranoid?
    03-01-09 10:23 PM
    I would also change your phone number. But if he has gone to the extent that he has paid off an employee then he may just end up with the new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 11:03 PM
    Also if it is infact flexispy then he wouldn't need an employee to give you the bills your call logs would automatically be sent to him.

03-01-09 11:05 PM
    I've never even heard of this 'flexispy'. Can I buy it @ the Crackberry store? jk
    03-01-09 11:20 PM
    I've never even heard of this 'flexispy'. Can I buy it @ the Crackberry store? jk
    If you got 250 dollars you can.
    03-01-09 11:21 PM
    you could just change carriers...
    03-01-09 11:30 PM
    If you got 250 dollars you can.
    So who is buying this app? PIs and psycho exes...
    03-02-09 01:05 AM
    So who is buying this app? PIs and psycho exes...
    Any legit PI wouldn't be caught dead with this kind of program. I think that just leaves psycho exes, controlling husbands, and WAY overbearing parents.
    03-02-09 02:45 AM
    Ditch the phone and switch carriers. My girlfriends ex knew someone at our local Verizon corp store, and she wound up getting harassed despite changing her number several times.

03-02-09 10:45 AM
    Anyways you could try wiping your phone and then reloading the OS.
    Can you just do a manual wipe on the phone? (Options-->Security Options-->Security Wipe) Or do a "clear data" from the BBDM?... I have a Mac, so just wondering if this does the same thing or if I have to use a PC to uninstall or take it to my carrier. Would like to save the time and a trip if these are all in the same.
    03-10-10 10:34 AM
    I just saw a story like this on Good Morning America.

03-10-10 10:38 AM
    Can you just do a manual wipe on the phone? (Options-->Security Options-->Security Wipe) Or do a "clear data" from the BBDM?... I have a Mac, so just wondering if this does the same thing or if I have to use a PC to uninstall or take it to my carrier. Would like to save the time and a trip if these are all in the same.
    The security wipe should do the job.

03-10-10 12:04 PM
    WAY overbearing parents.

Is this a bad thing?

Yes some parents can go too far at times...but I reserve the right as a Parent (meaning I am responsible for a child) to know where my kids are, what they are doing, and with whom they are doing it!!!

If my daughter (underage) is sexually I need to know. If my son is out doing drugs or drinking...breaking the law, I need to know!!

Overbearing Parents....society could only wish that was a problem!!!
    03-10-10 12:16 PM
    You all realize this thread is a year old and the OP only ever posted once? I think they're gone now.
    03-10-10 01:40 PM
    You all realize this thread is a year old and the OP only ever posted once? I think they're gone now.
    Hahah....I am trying to rack up post count.
    03-10-10 01:46 PM
    Yea, I saw the date... but Yahoo! featured an ABC News video/article on the subject yesterday on their homepage. And my phone's been acting weird (and I have a "psycho ex" too, ha ha) so I thought its better to be safe than sorry... besides, just because this has only been posted once, doesn't mean that it went away completely or hasn't advanced. There's newer posts on the site too... just found this one first through a search.
    03-10-10 01:50 PM
    Never-the-less flexispy is a scary program. On the plus side someone HAS to install it on the BB for it to work so they need direct access, so as long as you keep a password lock and/or keep that sucker in sight you are ok. And lets face it we are addicts (least I am anyways) I don't lose sight of the BB.

Interesting the OP is also a LONG time member, probably a reader & downloader, and JUST posted that one time, BUT certainly read the answers. Join date of Nov 07.
    03-10-10 02:01 PM
    Flexispy? Didn't I read somewhere it was a scam program, or someone created an app by that name to fool people into getting it even though another one already existed?
    03-10-10 02:10 PM
    It could be a scam program, BUT there is a program, that does work that was featured on ABC News, I saw the report myself.
    03-10-10 02:13 PM
    It could be a scam program, BUT there is a program, that does work that was featured on ABC News, I saw the report myself.
    Called BES I think.
    03-10-10 02:28 PM
    hmm, maybe that psycho ex wiped her out
    03-10-10 04:41 PM
    guess we all thought to bring up what has/had and can happen. maybe.? haha
    03-10-10 04:50 PM
    I wonder if the "Kisses" app would spot it.

Yeah, I know it's an old post, but still....
    03-10-10 11:35 PM
    This is happening to me! If someone knows anyway to backup my information and perform a hard reset on my curve 8330 please help! There is nothing worse than someone remotely viewing all your private converstations. I have spent hours on the phone with my carrier and at the actual store. Noone can help me.
    03-17-10 02:49 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD