Tests have revealed hotmail+ pop3 service is very very poor.

how reliable is Gmail/Googlemail?
    04-14-08 01:34 AM
    The only thing I have to say is....GMail has the BEST, NO! THE BESTEST spam blocker.
    04-14-08 01:39 AM
    I'm mobile but benny said it best........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 01:51 AM
    Works good for me, no complaints so far...
    04-14-08 02:06 AM
    Great. I use it now for allmost 1 year and no problem...
    04-14-08 03:07 AM
    Yahoo IMO has faster push.

Google, now that everyone mentions it, I don't remember ever getting mail in my inbox that was spam, therefore must be working!
    04-14-08 06:46 AM
    I love gmail! The only email program for me! No problems what-so-ever!

04-14-08 07:07 AM
    The move from Hotmail to Googlemail is complete
    04-14-08 07:16 AM
    The move from Hotmail to Googlemail is complete
    Congrats! Welcome 2 the club.
    04-14-08 07:17 AM
    I get mail sent to my gmail account faster on my BlackBerry than the computer. When I send a test email to myself the BlackBerry goes off instantly.

04-14-08 09:49 AM
    The spam blocker is great!

If my address aint BB-Mail it's GMail! I have like 20 email addresses...
    04-14-08 10:15 AM
    I use Gmail and I'm pleased with it.
    04-14-08 10:21 AM
    It's ok but not better than Yahoo Push like Jayden has stated
    04-14-08 03:58 PM
    We host our Fire Company website with them and also they provide our email hosting. It works great!!!!!!!
    04-14-08 04:00 PM
    I agree that Yahoo push is faster and sometimes Gmail pushes fast but sometimes it doesn't push for hours so even though I like and won't stop using Gmail, I get annoyed with it occasionally!
    04-14-08 04:13 PM
    One of my personal accounts is GMail & I've never had a problem & yes, the spam blocker is awesome like the rest of us agree.

04-14-08 04:15 PM
    I have e-mail accounts with the 'Big 3', but prefer GMail to all.
    04-14-08 04:18 PM
    It's the best out there. It's the most reliable of them all at this point.
    04-14-08 04:38 PM
    It's ok but not better than Yahoo Push like Jayden has stated
    I just don't get why Google doesn't have good push. I understand there is probably a good reason, maybe increases security or something else, but I would love to know for my own personal knowledge.
    04-14-08 08:02 PM
    I just don't get why Google doesn't have good push. I understand there is probably a good reason, maybe increases security or something else, but I would love to know for my own personal knowledge.
    I just don't get why people say Google doesn't have "good push". I use gmail as my primary account and all my emails come in instantly. For example, when registering on sites such as this one, I get the email instantly. I'm not sure how else I can define it "instantly" and I'm not sure how much faster you want it to get to your phone?

I think some of you may be using gmail to check pop3 or other IMAP accounts and this is NOT instant. Those emails will be pushed instantly but only after gmail checks the accounts. Anything sent to your actualy @gmail address should be pushed to your phone INSTANTLY.
    04-14-08 08:07 PM
    No doubt; Gmail is instant. Also, it does a great job of bringing in mail from other addresses. I use it to bring in Emails from 4 other accounts. It does so without a flaw. Even drags in AOL; unfortunately one of my earlier and still used Emails was on AOL. I hope never to open AOL again.
    04-14-08 08:16 PM
    Funny my Gmail account recently just started having some provlems fetching from my school email account......weird.
    04-14-08 08:23 PM
    I just don't get why people say Google doesn't have "good push". I use gmail as my primary account and all my emails come in instantly.
    When I mean it doesn't come instantly, I mean sometimes it takes a few hours. Sometimes it'll come instantly and that's great but I have problem when I send an email to myself or I see it on my google account on my computer but it doesn't arrive to my phone until a few hours later.
    04-14-08 09:13 PM
    I was with hotmail.
    Gmail is so much better. Its the real deal
    04-14-08 09:37 PM
    When y'all refer to the slower push on GMail, is it with the Gmail app installed on your Berry or with the account set up on your BIS? I would think obviously if it is set up in your BIS that the push would be instant. How does it work as a "stand alone" app as far as speed?

I am curious b/c I am thinking about getting a Gmail account to receive forwards from my work (no Berry support).
    04-14-08 09:48 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD