Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I realized, while searching for solutions to my own little Blackberry problem, that many people are having trouble getting past the Reconnecting to JVM step, or recieving the Failed at the Multi-Stage Operation error, I too was caught in this loop and this is how I managed to fix it:

Things I'd already tried:
    • Wiping with JL_cmder (refused to connect)
    • Attempted to wipe with BBSAK (again refused to connect)
    • Reloading OS with BDM (failed)
    • Reloading OS with Loader.exe (Reconnecting to JVM loop)
    • Wiping with MFI (refused to connect)
    • Starting loader from CMD with /nojvm (nothing happened)

Things you should do before starting this process:
    • Download and install BDM
    • Download and Install the OS Loader of your choice
    • Delete the vendor.xml file

Warning: This method worked perfectly (thrice) on my BB 8320, not sure about other models...

Steps:
    1. Remove the battery from your BB
    2. Start Loader.exe
    3. Connect your battery-less BB through USB
    4. Hit Next all throughout, until it says erasing applications
    5. Wait until the Reconnecting to JVM apears and reinsert your battery
    6. If this doesn't work, take out your battery and wait for 5 seconds before reinserting it again
    7. Wait for 10 seconds after reinserting your battery
    8. Repeat this process until the 507 error comes up on your screen
    9. THE HARDEST PART IS OVER!!!!
    10. Close the Loader, either by killing the process or hitting Cancel
    11. IMPORTANT: Open JL_cmder and wipe your phone, should connect no problem!
    12. Restart the loader process, and it will successfully finish
    13. CONGRATULATIONS you have unbricked your bricked BB
    14. Continue to restore settings etc. etc.

Hopes this helps! Feel free to PM me with any questions etc.

*Edit: I forgot to specify the problem! My BB was completely dead, black screen, if I connected it to the charger or USB, the red LED would come for about 5 seconds and then go, nothing would happen after that. If I connected with the battery out the No Battery sign would appear on the screen until I insert the battery or unplug it...The above solution fixed it perfectly (thrice)!
    Last edited by JohnBB101; 09-05-12 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Grammar and spelling
    JR A and neilosofg like this.
    09-04-12 05:41 AM
    Just read this and it would appear its the same issue I have, I even bought a new cable to be on the safe side, however its just not doing it. I'm dubious about buying further parts i.e a new battery and a replacement port for the phone but after reading so many people getting it going again I can only assume either my timing is off (100+ times) or its genuinely snuffed it. I know it was working when I got it (9500 Storm btw) off my mate but he said to me earlier that it was sometimes a bit fussy with charging at times.

But everything you've listed there is exactly to the letter whats gone wrong with it. The JVM and not opening port etc.
    09-14-12 09:50 AM
    Just read this and it would appear its the same issue I have, I even bought a new cable to be on the safe side, however its just not doing it. I'm dubious about buying further parts i.e a new battery and a replacement port for the phone but after reading so many people getting it going again I can only assume either my timing is off (100+ times) or its genuinely snuffed it. I know it was working when I got it (9500 Storm btw) off my mate but he said to me earlier that it was sometimes a bit fussy with charging at times.

But everything you've listed there is exactly to the letter whats gone wrong with it. The JVM and not opening port etc.
    Check out this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...failed-744148/

Hope it works!
    09-15-12 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD