I have Blackberry Curve 8900.

How can i make record of Telephone call while conversation..?
    11-03-10 04:29 AM
    hmm not sure, i would like to know this too, if you find out please post. I assume it would be a third party app?
    11-03-10 05:48 AM
    Use the speaker phone and a digital recorder. Be careful with legalities.
    11-03-10 06:51 AM
    in some states this is not allowed by laws. You need to check your local FCC regulations and such.

With that being said you can use Google Voice to record incoming calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 07:43 AM
    Yep, this is illegal in most, if not all states. There are 3rd party devices you can use (maybe at spy-junkie stores?) to do this. But just remember, if you record someone in this manner without their consent and knowledge of doing so, and you are subsequently reported to the FCC, you're in a big mess. Tread carefully down this path, grasshopper.
    11-03-10 09:43 PM
    I recorded a number of harassing calls via speakerphone and provided it to the proper authorities, they haven't called back since.

11-03-10 10:28 PM
    I live in a "one party consent" state (Rhode Island). Not sure what the rules are on mobile phones, but I can legally record phone calls on my landline and not inform the other party.
    11-03-10 10:30 PM
    The laws really do vary state by state, and they morph again if the recorder is in one state and the recordee is in another... here's a little bit of info that might help:

American Legal Guide on Recording Telephone Conversations (USA)
    11-04-10 06:41 AM
    Yep, this is illegal in most, if not all states. There are 3rd party devices you can use (maybe at spy-junkie stores?) to do this. But just remember, if you record someone in this manner without their consent and knowledge of doing so, and you are subsequently reported to the FCC, you're in a big mess. Tread carefully down this path, grasshopper.
    it's more common than you think. Most states are "as long as one person knows" states. It is illegal for neither party to be aware of it.

11-04-10 07:24 AM
    You can't record someone's voice without having their consent unless you are the government. Be very careful, this whole affair may be more expensive then you may think.
    Even the government cannot do it w/o a written warrant, Learned this the hard way when my cousin was murdered.. .. .. and they were looking for clues. But anyway YES YOU CAN ! ! ! ! it is legal depending on the state you live in.

11-04-10 12:14 PM
    You can't record someone's voice without having their consent unless you are the government. Be very careful, this whole affair may be more expensive then you may think.
    Not true what so ever, at least it is not true in many jurisdictions. Everyone needs to know the laws that apply where they're at.
    11-04-10 01:01 PM
    Always amused that these threads break down into a legality back and forth, rather than a simple answer as to the method of how.

I can not recall the name, but there was an app once upon a time which did this, but was pulled by the author for fear of misuse. AFAIK there is no other, minus maybe Google Voice. You would need to look into a physical recorder of sorts.
    11-04-10 02:06 PM
    Many phones have call recordings. NEW phones have it. I don't know why BBs don't.
    11-04-10 03:56 PM
    Lol that sucks. I live in the EU, you can record whomever you want, whenever you want, if your speaking with him. I mean: you are speaking with him, he knows he's speaking with you, you can record him if you want to.

More on the matter, you can also videotape anyone - news stations often do the hidden camera trick on expose illegal business arrangements and such...

Sony Ericsson phones for example have an option during call named "Record call". I used to have a W880i a while ago and I frequently recorded phone calls.
    11-04-10 05:41 PM
    Blackberry Call Recorder is anticipated to be released in December 2010. Federal law permits you to tape a call that has at least one consenting party, which would be you. Thirty Eight states have a one party consent law also, as long as you are a party, you may record the call. The remaining need to have every parties consent to record the call. No states allow you to record a call that you are not a party too.
    There is also this device, Telephone Recording Device that you can use with a hand held recorder.
    11-04-10 08:11 PM
    Not true. There's actually only about 8-10 states with third-party notification requirements. The rest, including my state (North Carolina) require that only one party to the conversation be aware that it is being recorded. The only legal issues arise when you are recording a conversation you are not a party too.

EDIT: I see the poster above pretty much said the same thing.

Last edited by bigsteveatt; 11-04-10 at 08:20 PM.
    11-04-10 08:18 PM
    google voice does it as someone mentioned before but when you press 6 to start recording it does let the other person know they are being recorded, I assume google set it up that way because of the legality stuff
    11-04-10 10:11 PM
    Blackberry Call Recorder is anticipated to be released in December 2010. Federal law permits you to tape a call that has at least one consenting party, which would be you. Thirty Eight states have a one party consent law also, as long as you are a party, you may record the call. The remaining need to have every parties consent to record the call. No states allow you to record a call that you are not a party too.
    There is also this device, Telephone Recording Device that you can use with a hand held recorder.
    Wow,
    Thanks for the solid answer / info regarding the recorder app.
    Cheers
    11-05-10 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD